SSBrewtech ferment temp control

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why not just buy the coil on it's own and DIY the rest?

They don't sell them on their own, it's part of a kit. You might be able to contact them to see if they could sell just that though.

Why not just buy the coil on it's own and DIY the rest?

SS Brew Tech doesn't part out their kits at this point in time since they'd have to pirate the components from other kits. Only reason I know this is because I dug around on their FAQ and random pages.

That said, it still never hurts to ask. The worst you could get is a "no." (Fortunately, they seem to reply pretty quickly.)
If you're gonna rig the rest of it yourself, you could always get some thinner-walled stainless tubing and get it bent at a metal shop. It may cost a bit, but you could design it exactly the way you want. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of the welded-on barbed fittings; I'd like something a little easier to disassemble and store after use. Just a thought.

I was in the midst of building my DIY plastic conical setup when this product hit the market.

It is fairly well thought out and solves many of the issues I have with my design. The most difficult part of which involves the through-the-lid sanitary removable and airtight coil apparatus. Not the coil itself but the rest of the solution.

I'd have bought this from the get go if it had existed then retrofitted their pump and controller to my glycol DIY setup.

TD

Oops, I forgot to mention, that you CAN buy their extension arms!! The most important part of their kit!

I might send out my coils to a welder to modify them...

TD

Yes they do. Check ontariobeerkegs.com I'm trying to decide between building my own or a fermentation chamber instead.

Oh, wow! That plus a BrewPi or something will be awesome. I was going to go with ftss but was annoyed that a) couldn't use it to both chill and heat, b) not programmable, and c) no remote access to controller. This solves all the problems.

I continue to love my 7 gallon chronicals with FTS controllers. However, I noticed that my hoses started to kink/pinch over time reducing the water flow. So over the weekend, I bought some springs at Lowe's and ran the hose through them near the hose barbs in the lid. Voila! No more kinks!

Fermenter springs.JPG

Latest posts

Back