Ssbrewtech brewbucket vs 30+ psi

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MakeDankBeer

Reaction score
BAB8F330-66A3-4A2E-8F31-EC9EE11FC896.jpeg
E4ACD2A8-C40F-4BE8-B448-2F3DCE150565.jpeg
ACAA73C1-DB86-46E1-BC71-F4F2E97C191A.jpeg
Let me preface this by saying, operating at low levels of sleep are just as dangerous as drinking. And breaking routine is bad news. I usually clean and purge my keg the same day I fill it, this did not happen.

I had an empty keg of 30+ Psi( to keep out junk after star san) co2 and I went to do a closed transfer with the gas in on the keg venting to the top of the brewbucket through a barbed fitting in an airlock. Well I had already placed the barbed airlock in the top of the fermentor before booking up the QD to the keg. As soon as I did boom, hop stuff everywhere.

The Lids toast, the hinges are toast. Going to see if they will sell me a new lid and just the hanger part of the hinges, since the actually bucket and mounting pads to the bucket seem fine.

Lesson learned

Enjoy the pictures.

Well at least you didn't get hurt. I would do a real thorough inspection to ensure there's no further damage. You might want to think about nodding one of the pressure relief valves they sell into your new lids. I don't do pressure transfers with my SS buckets for fear of this happening, only with my chronical.

My condolences on your kettle. I hope they can work with you to replace the damaged parts. Glad it was just the equipment that ate it and not a person.

Back