• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SS BrewTech Packing Materials

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

girthmccoy

Reaction score
I am looking for a box and packing materials for an SS BrewTech 20 Infusion Mash Tun.

I inherited one from a friend who passed away last year, and I am getting ready for a military move across the country. I really want to make sure it is packed properly.

Also could use a box for a 7-gallon brew bucket as well.

Pretty sure I’ve got that box, but you know it’s fairly large. Even empty it would probably cost quite a bit to ship.

Yeah you get into "dimensional weight" once you get to larger boxes and the weight almost doesn't matter.

FYI, SS Brewtech ships from Romoland, CA. It might be cheap to get materials from them, if they will do it, assuming your current location is correct.

I can get you the dimensions of the box and pictures of what it looks like boxed up. They use a double box (one within another one) and then foam at the bottom that the false bottom fits into. Then a ring of foam at the top to lift the lid off the body, and to help keep it centered. It would probably be easiest to then manufacture the interior foam yourself. I have pics of a brand new one in the box that I can get you if it helps.

I can get you the dimensions of the box and pictures of what it looks like boxed up. They use a double box (one within another one) and then foam at the bottom that the false bottom fits into. Then a ring of foam at the top to lift the lid off the body, and to help keep it centered. It would probably be easiest to then manufacture the interior foam yourself. I have pics of a brand new one in the box that I can get you if it helps.

That would be super helpful. I really appreciate it.

I am looking for a box and packing materials for an SS BrewTech 20 Infusion Mash Tun.

I inherited one from a friend who passed away last year, and I am getting ready for a military move across the country. I really want to make sure it is packed properly.

Also could use a box for a 7-gallon brew bucket as well.
Not that you asked for it, but...
If you cannot locate a box, try this (for any items you are moving).
Professional packers know it is all about keeping the item(s) inside the box from moving or bumping into one another.
For a kettle, i would go the local U-haul store. For about $2.00 you can buy a box that will fit it. Then for about $10 you can buy 10 pounds of clean newsprint. Take one sheet of newsprint, ball it up tight, and make a layer on the bottom of the box. Place the kettle, and fill the sides with wadded up newsprint. Cover the kettle (if there is not lid) with a sheet of cardboard and ball up paper on top. Seal up the box. Shake the sh*t out of it. If you cannot feel the kettle move, you are good. If it moves- even a little- you need more wadded up paper.
Then you can add this smaller box inside another size up box (another $2.50) and repeat the wadded up paper process.
Also- if you can- fill your empty kettle with towels, blankets, sheets, etc. Something lightweight but not too fluffy (not a comforter).
Just my $0.02 worth. Also i am sure you have military friends that have been moved by professional movers- get their $0.02 worth too.
Good luck on the move!!

Back