SS auto sipon

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ABVIBUSRM

Reaction score
Alright i have a ss racking cane but im trying to figure out how to make a ss auto siphon..problem im running into is picking a gasket type piece that will go at the tip of the RC to make a seal in the AS to push the beer out..any ideas..cant believe they dont have SS auto sipons yet this is an outrage

Disassemble an auto siphon, and a "lip" type seal is what you will most likely find within.
Go here, and scroll down to "stretch fit rotary shaft seals"

http://www.mcmaster.com/#lip-seals/=ujyrbg

Yeah, I been thinkin' about one as well............Trying to figure out the little "check valve / cage " dealio that makes it start a siphon.

But, the lip type seal mentioned, will work for ya', and let me know when ya' figure out the other bits!

Post back more when you get this completed. I love the ease and sanitization of staring an auto siphon but I'll never buy a traditional one again after having 3 break.

A larger diameter stainless autosiphon is the dream for me. (Co2 transfers are nice, but I honestly burn through a lot of CO2 @ $20 a refill.)

Adam

Back