Spring Giveaway!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guessed 185 earlier, based on:

• 930 jelly beans per gallon/128 oz (well known fact :) )
  • 30 oz snifter (guess)
  • 85% full (WAG)

930 * (30/128) * 0.85 = 185.

Math, FTW (?)

You need to use beer math. so there was a head on those beans of about 8% giving you 27.5 oz FSV (final snifer volume) not 30. the number should be 137

I think I'm refreshing this thread more than I did on the tracking for the BIF package I got. Lol.

Thanks to everyone for playing - I hope you got a little fun and excitement from it. I know it lifted my spirits this week! :)

So, while I double check the winner ... here is a short video that will show exactly how big a snifter that is (hint: passedpawn had it almost to the ounce) ...

https://youtu.be/hvng6R77wBY

And for reference ... if you guessed under 50 then next time I'd suggest at least counting what you see in the picture! :D

And for reference ... if you guessed under 50 then next time I'd suggest at least counting what you see in the picture! :D

11f097049aef963ee461e061691da2bd.jpg

I came up with 205 by taking every guess up until I guessed (removing the 333 for half evil and 332 or 4 just to cancel it) and averaged the guesses and came up with 207. Deducted 2 because I didn't want to go over. LOL

Brain games, I think it was, showed how close these averages can come. :cross:

Of course there are 7 pages after the 7th one that I posted on so it probably isn't even close.

How many were there?

Okay ... before HBT goes down in flames (yet again!) There were exactly 413 jelly beans in the snifter (I carefully passed up any and all beans that were not complete @sfrisby !)

With an insanely great guess of 412, the winner is @BigMike99 - congratulations! :mug:

Back