Spot the Space Station

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Farewell to Nichol Nichols. She moved the needle of US broadcast standards in a positive direction...

1659403932841.png

Cheers!

Farewell to Nichol Nichols. She moved the needle of US broadcast standards in a positive direction...

View attachment 776585

Cheers!

I never liked the original star trek. So cheesy. SOOO cheesy.

If you're really a fan of uhuru (I think that's her name), go find the Black Mirror episode called USS Callister. Find it you must. Let me know what you think afterwards.

I never liked the original star trek. So cheesy. SOOO cheesy.

If you're really a fan of uhuru (I think that's her name), go find the Black Mirror episode called USS Callister. Find it you must. Let me know what you think afterwards.
That was a pretty good watch.
I've just finished discovery which is often awful but has its moments.
Strange New Worlds was reminiscent of the original and definitely one of the better Treks.

THIS is why I never drove across the state to watch a launch.

Believe it or not, you can see the spacecraft from this side (west coast) of Florida. Sorta. On a clear day you'll see a LONG plume of vapor grow up into the sky from the horizon.

Believe it or not, I can watch most launches from Vandenberg Space Force Base here in Long Beach as long as they are night launches and its clear skys. I wish I could figure out how to post a large video I have of one of them (275 meg). You can see the launch, stage 1 separation, and it flying back to the base. It was an evening launch and it lit up the sky!

We watched the last 30 seconds to impact and were very much entertained.
Love that the last frame was just a partial when the impactor went to Space Heaven :D

[edit] The last ~70 seconds to impact.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Love that the last frame was just a partial when the impactor went to Space Heaven :D

Isn't there going to be another video in a few days that shows the hit? I haven't looked for info, but thought I remember something about the main satellite launched a camera to stay behind and record the impact.

Meanwhile, NASA has decided to roll the Artemis stack back into the Vertical Assembly Building to wait out Hurricane Ian. That likely pushes any launch date out a few weeks...

That's a smart move, plus they can continue to work on leaks longer now.

It truly is the groundbreaking feature of the entire program, and I'm still not bored seeing those touchdowns.
Especially since SpaceX has been relaying the feeds through their own Starlink network. Reliability has improved by a ton :)

It truly is the groundbreaking feature of the entire program, and I'm still not bored seeing those touchdowns.
Especially since SpaceX has been relaying the feeds through their own Starlink network. Reliability has improved by a ton :)

When SpaceX first did that, a Boeing exec stated aloud at a conference that they would never catch up to SpaceX. He was quickly fired :). (From the book “Liftoff”)

Back