Spoke To A Homebrew Book Author

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeoGirl

Reaction score
Last night, I was at a beer and wine festival enjoying many great samples of micro brews from the area. At this thing, I saw a booth set-up with books and the author of those books. Headed over there to hear what he was saying to a few others and then talked to him for a few. All I can say is that a few of the folks in this forum should write a book or two. This guy was firm in going "1, 2, 3 its done." "You have to get it off the yeast, the yeast is bad for the flavor"

After talking to this guy, I won't be spending the $12.99 that Amazon wants for his books. Just going to save my $$$ and when I can, put it towards something much more beneficial - this forum.

Last night, I was at a beer and wine festival enjoying many great samples of micro brews from the area. At this thing, I saw a booth set-up with books and the author of those books. Headed over there to hear what he was saying to a few others and then talked to him for a few. All I can say is that a few of the folks in this forum should write a book or two. This guy was firm in going "1, 2, 3 its done." "You have to get it off the yeast, the yeast is bad for the flavor"

After talking to this guy, I won't be spending the $12.99 that Amazon wants for his books. Just going to save my $$$ and when I can, put it towards something much more beneficial - this forum.

I think this forum is worth the investment! It's helped me out way quicker than reading a book. Not that I haven't read a number of them.

I can kind of understand the 1,2,3 type of approach. It's his hook. It's basically what he has to do to attract new brewers and non-brewers to buy his book. Anyone who has been brewing for a while already knows what the "best" books and "best" authors are. Brewing as a topic has been thoroughly covered in a handful of texts, so anybody writing a new book on general brewing techniques has to have some type of hook to get new brewers interested. But, I'm with you. I won't be rushing to shelf to buy it.

Latest posts

Back