Split gas lines & empty kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barny

Reaction score
Setting up my first kegerator (ok, since college...). Feel like I have a bit of a remedial question. If I have a split line going to 2 (or more) kegs off of one regulator, what do I do when one kegs kicks? Do I have to keep the empty keg hooked up? Ball locks, I can't just disconnect it without CO2 escaping. Is there something obvious I'm missing? Is there a "blank" I can quickly swap out for the gas ball lock on lines where I don't need CO2?

Thanks!

The ball lock disconnect will not leak gas when the keg is disconnected, assuming it works correctly. Just pop it off the keg and let it be until you have something else to connect it to.

You should look at a secondary regulator. Its a very useful piece of equipment. However if you unhook the gas QD from the kicked keg It shouldn't leak out the QD. The co2 will fill the line up to the QD and stop there. You can also get one of these

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210228-175324_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210228-175324_Samsung Internet.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 2
Thanks for the quick replies! Thinking about taking them apart to clean I don't know why that wasn't obvious to me. Being a worrier about something new I guess.

(my current setup I have a dual regulator so I just shut the gas off to the kicked keg at the regulator, but, upgrading the number of kegs I can do)

Back