Spike conical jacket fit on cf10

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bkfran69

Reaction score
Does anyone else have a problem with the way the jacket fits on the cf10 conical. I am not happy with the way it fits.
IMG_0226.jpg
IMG_0229.jpg

I've had the exact same problem on two jackets - working with customer service now. When did you order your CF10? Got mine in July.

Sorry about the trouble guys! We're investigating but it looks like the first ~50 conicals off the line had a couple ports too low. Please work with tech support as they are looking into solutions.

I just put the jacket on my cf10 same thing. It’s from the prebuy.

I'd imagine Spike has a list of who may be affected by this. I wasn't a preorder customer but I did order mine pretty early. I was thinking about ordering a jacket and stuff (will probably do so eventually) but it'd be nice to know of any potential misfits before I get it sent to me. I really like the conical and would like to add the jacket and stuff. I'd just like to know what to expect.

F966844E-16AD-4785-A2D9-85651CE024FD.jpeg
B117C8CA-B7E6-44DF-8592-71062E863359.jpeg
I just received mine and have the same issue with it as well. I was also part of the initial pre-order. Waiting to hear back from support.

Last edited:
This seems inefficient. Why order a jacket only to most-likely return it if you find out you have one of the early conicals? So...OK I'll start. From the edge of my bottom port to the lower edge of the lowest port on the cone measures just about 4.5 inches. dlink72: If you don't mind. What is your measurement for that distance?

It’s just over 4 inches. I’m still waiting to talk with someone. I’m just curious why they changed the design after the first 50. Were the preorders wrong to start with or was there a design change and why.
5B3025CC-B736-4E34-82F3-53A555479DCB.jpeg

I just spoke with customer service and my questions were answered. The ports were wrong on the first batch and since there are no serial numbers, there is no way to pinpoint who has them. They are only identifying them as we contact them when our jackets don’t fit. It will probably be a month or two before they can get corrected jackets to us.

Ditto on mine. It also explains why my racking arm scrapes against the side of the conical. Had the racking port been up slightly, it would fit perfectly like it does on my smaller CF5.

My racking arm clears all sides so maybe the bend is slightly different in yours unless your port is further off than mine.

Thanks dlink72. It looks like I have the same problem. So...I'll need to order a jacket. Have is misfit. Contact Spike with the problem. Return the jacket. Wait possibly two months to get a "fixed" jacket??? Not really the best business plan.

Thanks dlink72. It looks like I have the same problem. So...I'll need to order a jacket. Have is misfit. Contact Spike with the problem. Return the jacket. Wait possibly two months to get a "fixed" jacket??? Not really the best business plan.

Maybe a better idea: work with them to email you when the new ones come in, THEN send your old one in for exchange.

Or...Maybe Spike can provide some measurements and we can order the correct one the first time. Saves around $20-30 in shipping. Plus I have mine bolted to a plywood sheet for stability purposes. It's a PITA to disassemble and reassemble multiple times. Don't get me wrong, I like their stuff. I just like to do things right once and be done with it. I'm lazy that way.

Or...Maybe Spike can provide some measurements and we can order the correct one the first time. Saves around $20-30 in shipping. Plus I have mine bolted to a plywood sheet for stability purposes. It's a PITA to disassemble and reassemble multiple times. Don't get me wrong, I like their stuff. I just like to do things right once and be done with it. I'm lazy that way.

Why don't you just email them and tell them you have one with the off measurements then...

I like their stuff too. You were lamenting having to send in your neoprene sleeve for two months; I simply offered a way for you to continue to use it while waiting for the altered ones to come in. That's all.

Back