Speidel round verses rectangle fermentors ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KartRacer54

Reaction score
Any experience on the round and rectangular Speidel fermentors. Looks as if the lid is improved on the rectangular model.

Wow! No response? This forum is always wild with opinions. I am flabbergasted!
Does this mean that the retangled unit has not been used for beer?

I have two of the rectangular speidels. Love them. I was about to pull the plug on a couple conical a but the vender would not allow pickup and wanted $100 each for shipping 60 miles.
I am glad I went with the speidels. They are mobile instead of fixed and you can lift a full fermenter by the handles. (Confirmed by manufacturer)

Thanks for the confirmation, I am not wild about the lid design on the round 60L model. The rectangular one uses traditional screw on lid which is mor to my liking.
I think I am going to start the acquisition of a couple of the rectangle 60L.

there are a few threads out there about replacing the drain valve with a racking arm. I did one of mine and will not do the other. Turns out to be spending $50 on a valve, no benefit that I can figure. The stock valves do not leak after 10 batches so far.

Back