specific priming question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calicojack

Reaction score
i've got a 5 gallon batch of skeeter pee i plan on bottling on thursday evening. I'm going to be using a mixture of 12oz and 15.2oz bottles.

1) i'm okay using plain cane sugar to prime with right?
2) what is the amount for the 15.2oz bottles?
3) the 12oz bottles will get 3/4 teaspoon of sugar correct?

Agreed. Just dissolve all the sugar in a few cups of water and bring to a boil then mix with the beer. Most people use corn sugar or light dme to bottle. Cane sugar probably works but I'm not sure on the amount needed.

At least 3 weeks at room temperature. After that you can chill it for a few days and then drink but the beers will still benifit from a 2 week or so chill if you can spare the fridge space.

Yup,I found that out over Labor day. 2 weeks in the fridge gives thicker head & long lasting carbonation. Here's a priming calculator to use; http://www.tastybrew.com/calculators/priming.html
Just plug in the BJCP style from the list,& other numbers asked for. You can also adjust the co2 volume number in the little box. It will calculate how much of what type of sugar to use. Table sugar (sucrose),dextrose (corn sugar),& raw/refined cane sugar are the same. But you must measure by weight,not volume.

Back