Sparkolloid

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mismost

Reaction score
Working a plum wine made from plums that were pushed through a sieve....just about 6 # of mush...it was given to me that way. So, I made wine.

After 3 rackings, it had cleared a little bit, but still very hazy. I had bought a bunch of beer and wine making stuff off Craigslist...had a bunch of jars and stuff. There was a package of Sparkolloid too.

I read up on this stuff and said what the heck, try it. Boiled up a batch and added it to the plum wine carboy last night. Instructions said leave for a month. Looked at it this morning and it is crystal clear....beautiful color!

I think I love this stuff!

Just make sure you de-gas before sparkolloid, makes it much more efficient at clearing.
Works great on clearing beer as well

Careful, it will continue to drop lees for another 4 weeks, "crystal clear" or not. Trust me, I have the bottles with sediment in them to prove it.

Careful, it will continue to drop lees for another 4 weeks, "crystal clear" or not. Trust me, I have the bottles with sediment in them to prove it.

Thanks! I'm getting better at this "take your time" thing....no point in rushing now. I was just amazed at fast it seems to work.

Also, be careful when you move it and rack it. The lees are very very light and fluffy, and easy to mix in.
I reccomend the 2 part super-kleer. It's ready from start to finish, in 3 days. Not 28 days. However, it's $3-$4 each use, so it's "expensive", but not really....
Yeah, SPKLD is like $0.05 a use....

Also, be careful when you move it and rack it. The lees are very very light and fluffy, and easy to mix in.
I reccomend the 2 part super-kleer. It's ready from start to finish, in 3 days. Not 28 days. However, it's $3-$4 each use, so it's "expensive", but not really....
Yeah, SPKLD is like $0.05 a use....

Working a Mezza Luna Red wine kit and added the Chitosan clarifier the same day...it's dropping lees, but not as fast as the Sparkolloid. I got time, I can wait. I think that one is gonna be real good.

Back