space above kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taintedplay

Reaction score
I have two pin lock kegs i want to put in the fridge i just bought. there is only 5.5 inches of space from the top of the keg to the top of the fridge portion, and so the faucets would be roughly an inch or two above the top of the keg. Does this pose a problem? I can take out the bottom shelf but the bottom of the fridge isnt level

Also, is there any reason not to just get a 1inch hole saw? my shank looks wider than 3/4

I don't think there's actually a problem. For that matter, I don't see a big problem if you want to have the shanks a bit lower.

As for the hole saw, standard shanks in the US use 7/8" x 14 threads, so yes they're wider than 3/4". A 7/8" hole might end up a "press fit", so going a bit wider will make things easier. If you don't have a 15/16" cutter, 1" will work fine...

Cheers!

I used a 7/8'' cutter for my shank holes, and a rubber mallet to get the shanks in. Too big of a hole will hurt the insulation of the fridge. YMMV though.

Back