Southern Tier exploding cans.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The recall and press release didn't cover all of the affected beers. On top of that, this beer was purchased within the last couple months. Either way, there's no excuse for this. On top of that, to make up for their beers exploding in your house, they offer you a $5 tee shirt. Yes, the wife and I are still irritated after cleaning up exploded beers from our basement.

I'm also not convinced they're being honest about the cause. Several beers in this run had off flavors and were noticeably higher in pressure. I assumed they WERE just slightly over pressurized at the brewery... not possibly infected and continuing to build pressure. I had contacted them previously and received no response. If these beers were simply over pressurized at the brewery, they'd be popping off during processing, shipping, at the store, etc.

Last edited:
The recall and press release didn't cover all of the affected beers. On top of that, this beer was purchased within the last couple months. Either way, there's no excuse for this. On top of that, to make up for their beers exploding in your house, they offer you a $5 tee shirt. Yes, the wife and I are still irritated after cleaning up exploded beers from our basement.

I'm also not convinced they're being honest about the cause. Several beers in this run had off flavors and were noticeably higher in pressure. I assumed they WERE just slightly over pressurized at the brewery... not possibly infected and continuing to build pressure. I had contacted them previously and received no response. If these beers were simply over pressurized at the brewery, they'd be popping off during processing, shipping, at the store, etc.
Free tee to mop up the beer? That’s pretty lame.

I know this is a little old but realized I never updated this. Southern Tier did eventually contact me properly and offered to make it good. It was a relief since Warlock is one of my favorite beers on the planet.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back