Quantcast

Southern Tier exploding cans.

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

OP
Nate

Nate

Reaction score
The recall and press release didn't cover all of the affected beers. On top of that, this beer was purchased within the last couple months. Either way, there's no excuse for this. On top of that, to make up for their beers exploding in your house, they offer you a $5 tee shirt. Yes, the wife and I are still irritated after cleaning up exploded beers from our basement.

I'm also not convinced they're being honest about the cause. Several beers in this run had off flavors and were noticeably higher in pressure. I assumed they WERE just slightly over pressurized at the brewery... not possibly infected and continuing to build pressure. I had contacted them previously and received no response. If these beers were simply over pressurized at the brewery, they'd be popping off during processing, shipping, at the store, etc.

Last edited:

Gadjobrinus

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
This is so surprising to me. I worked with Phin at Goose Island. I would never expect this in a million years.

Phil Shields

Reaction score
Their IPA was my go to beer for years, until I moved away from the area. Very surprising!

Hoppy2bmerry

My hop trellis brings the boys to the yard.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
The recall and press release didn't cover all of the affected beers. On top of that, this beer was purchased within the last couple months. Either way, there's no excuse for this. On top of that, to make up for their beers exploding in your house, they offer you a $5 tee shirt. Yes, the wife and I are still irritated after cleaning up exploded beers from our basement.

I'm also not convinced they're being honest about the cause. Several beers in this run had off flavors and were noticeably higher in pressure. I assumed they WERE just slightly over pressurized at the brewery... not possibly infected and continuing to build pressure. I had contacted them previously and received no response. If these beers were simply over pressurized at the brewery, they'd be popping off during processing, shipping, at the store, etc.
Free tee to mop up the beer? That’s pretty lame.

OP
Nate

Nate

Reaction score
I know this is a little old but realized I never updated this. Southern Tier did eventually contact me properly and offered to make it good. It was a relief since Warlock is one of my favorite beers on the planet.

Last edited: