Southern Tier 2xIPA Clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigUgly

Reaction score
I NEED it...

I was in a pub in Scranton, PA earlier this year, and I was suggested one of these from the bartender - wow. Every time I traveled to/from PA I always stopped in this pub to have a few. I finished my work up there and haven't had a pint since.
Since they are in NY and I am in Texas, I can not find any; they do not distribute in Texas.
If anyone has a clone recipe (AG) please, for the love of God, post it on here. I miss it!

Southern Tier makes some great beers.

I can get it in my area and I know they often give away a lot of info on the bottles as to the ingredients. Next time I buy beer I will check the bottle to see if any helpful info is on the bottles.

Also check their website, sometimes they have some info about the brew there.

Check the bottle, they have a lot of details about the recipe on some of them.

This is from a bottle of their unearthly ipa. Which is also great.

Sent from my iPhone using HB Talk

image-1744676582.jpg

image-2167341903.jpg

They only list grains and hops on the imperials. 2XIPA isn't considered imperial. E-mail the brewery, they will help you.

My wife's family are Scrantonians, funny, there's only 4 or so bars where you can get good beer, but they do have a badass bottleshop.

Thanks for rubbing that freshly poured ST IPA in my face! Haha.
I believe the pub was called Backyard Ale House, or something similar.

Sent from my iPhone using HB Talk

Back