South Jersey/Philly Group Buy... ROUND 26!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know I just missed this one, I wanta get in on the next one. I have a few questions about the whole process. Does this happen once a month? every other month? OR when you all run outa grain? LOL

I live about 60 minutes away, and most important to me, does the pick ups happen on a week end, or during the week day? And what time of day? If its the week day, I can't pick up because of my work. So I don't think I can benefit from this plan?

Also, How can I be notified every time your taking orders? It seems that I see the thread, and when I click to read it......it's all ready filled up and over?

I know I just missed this one, I wanta get in on the next one. I have a few questions about the whole process. Does this happen once a month? every other month? OR when you all run outa grain? LOL

I live about 60 minutes away, and most important to me, does the pick ups happen on a week end, or during the week day? And what time of day? If its the week day, I can't pick up because of my work. So I don't think I can benefit from this plan?

Also, How can I be notified every time your taking orders? It seems that I see the thread, and when I click to read it......it's all ready filled up and over?

These buys run quite frequently, but there is no set schedule. Usually at least once a month, sometimes more. Pickups happen at 7 PM any day during the week - Monday through Friday. Just depends on when the order is placed and shipped out. You have to check your HBT email regularly to be notified of each buy. They do, as you mentioned, fill up quite fast.

Anyone in this round live in or work in Delaware? Or could hold my grain for pickup on Tuesday? I'm on nights till mid March and can't make the pickup Monday evening. Any help would be great and I could throw in some of my 15% oaked RIS as a thank-you.

These buys run quite frequently, but there is no set schedule. Usually at least once a month, sometimes more. Pickups happen at 7 PM any day during the week - Monday through Friday. Just depends on when the order is placed and shipped out. You have to check your HBT email regularly to be notified of each buy. They do, as you mentioned, fill up quite fast.

Hey Ferman, Thanks for the info. 7:00 PM is very doable for me. Thats always the pick up time? or does that vary?

My problem would be if were mornings or afternoons. The early evening times are sweet. Is the pick up spot always the same? somewhere along Rt 73?

Well I did PM the OP to be notified for the next round. I do check HBT everyday. Who doesn't? LOL

Thanks again ! :mug:

anyone in this round live in or work in delaware? Or could hold my grain for pickup on tuesday? I'm on nights till mid march and can't make the pickup monday evening. Any help would be great and i could throw in some of my 15% oaked ris as a thank-you.

anyone?

Anyone in this round live in or work in Delaware? Or could hold my grain for pickup on Tuesday? I'm on nights till mid March and can't make the pickup Monday evening. Any help would be great and I could throw in some of my 15% oaked RIS as a thank-you.

I don't live in Del., but I have no problem holding your grain for you til you can pick it up. I actually work at the pick-up spot, so if you can make it to the same spot some time during the week let me know.

Certain days during the week I have to leave exactly at 5pm to go grab my daughter from her after school program, but some nights I can hang late.

blip01 said:
I don't live in Del., but I have no problem holding your grain for you til you can pick it up. I actually work at the pick-up spot, so if you can make it to the same spot some time during the week let me know.

Certain days during the week I have to leave exactly at 5pm to go grab my daughter from her after school program, but some nights I can hang late.

That would be great! If you work Tuesday I can come immediately after I get off work in the morning and could be there around 8-9 am, whatever is best for you.

Just wanted to be sure. Is the grain pick up today at 7:00 or 8:00? I know the email says 8:00 but I thought they are usually at 7:00. Can someone please confirm? Thanks.

Cool, thanks. I missed the date when I looked at it the first time. I would have wasted a trip out there tonight.

bittner22 said:
Cool, thanks. I missed the date when I looked at it the first time. I would have wasted a trip out there tonight.

I was just about to head over myself. Glad I checked first. I have already gone on the wrong night before.

Anyone willing to help me lug a pallet Monday night? The box truck fell through so i'll be using a truck again. I can only move one pallet at a time that way.

You would need a truck capable of carrying 2,300lbs.

If no one can, i can just drop one at a time. Not a big deal, just let me know.

Otherwise, see everyone in 47 hours!

EVERYONE PLEASE READ!!!!

The pallet DID NOT make it to nj!

I am at work and unable to send out PMs.

the pickup tonight is cancelled!

I'm waiting to hear back from nemf about when it will be ready.

ill have more info tonight.

the pickup is canceled

EVERYONE PLEASE READ!!!!

the pickup is canceled

:mug: thanks for the heads up.

Man. So this sux...

EVERYONE PLEASE READ!!!!

the pickup is canceled

I bought several hundred ball lock cornies this summer and supplied a couple hundred homebrewers and 4 homebrew shops with kegs. I kept a bunch for myself (40) , but discovered another small pile of them in my basement. If anyone is interested, I can bring them on the pick up day (whenever that may be). Passing along at cost for $20 each, or would be open to trades of HB, grain, hops, etc.

I have 4 and will double check for any others hiding down there. I sent out to keep 40, but I guess I kept putting more to the side.

Thought, I 'd pass along the good fortune.

Just want to make sure everyone knows the pickup is cancelled tonight.

Ill pm tonight with new details. Sorry for the delay!

And here I was almost going to not check since there is clearly no rain.

Hope they show up soon and in one piece. Haha. Thanks for letting us know.

cbraun77s said:
I bought several hundred ball lock cornies this summer and supplied a couple hundred homebrewers and 4 homebrew shops with kegs. I kept a bunch for myself (40) , but discovered another small pile of them in my basement. If anyone is interested, I can bring them on the pick up day (whenever that may be). Passing along at cost for $20 each, or would be open to trades of HB, grain, hops, etc.

I have 4 and will double check for any others hiding down there. I sent out to keep 40, but I guess I kept putting more to the side.

Thought, I 'd pass along the good fortune.

PM sent

Looked like I was the only dick who drove over. Lesson learned, check it one last time before making plans.

wow, wish I'd have gotten a PM about this -- was out all day and wasn't checking the site, wasted a trip to Jersey and a toll across the bridge.

Sorry to anyone who made the trip out tonight.

The pallet was supposed to be at NEMF last Friday but for some reason it didn't. NCM was closed today so i couldn't get an answer as to why it was delayed.

If anyone can not make it to the pickup and needs me to hold their grain, please let me know.

Jeff 856-xxx-xxxx

-------------------------------------------------
The delivery date has been set for Friday, February 24th at 8pm!

(RAIN will be the only cause for a change so please check the forum BEFORE going to the pickup location!)
7905 N. Route 130 (Crescent Blvd.)
Pennsauken, NJ 08110

When arriving at the pickup location, please park in the WHITE gravel parking lot furthest away from the building. Stay to your left when pulling in from the front or to your right if coming in from the back.

Whenever possible, please try to carpool or pick up for fellow brewers. We have to try to limit the amount of people hanging around the parking lot before and after the grain has been sorted.

If you are splitting grain, please bring buckets/bags for your split and a scale if you want to be spot on. Home Buckets are the most commonly used bucket so its easier to eye up your splits.

If you can not make it to the pickup that day, please make arrangements with someone to hold your grain for you.

CHEERS!

I can't make it on Friday. Is there anyone that can hold my order?

I'm in Swarthmore, PA, if anyone lives closer by.

Thanks,
Jeff

My friends girlfriend is coming to pick the grain up for me would one of you gentlemen be able to load it in her car for her?

Latest posts

Back