Sour Peach Beer.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
really a straight lacto beer should not need much aging.
Maybe it SHOULDN'T, bit it DID. I cracked the first "good one" tonight.
This is VERY crisp, nice and sour, but not "in your face" sour, just nicely so. The peach flavor is nice, but light...certainly not like a fruit lambic. This was a good project, and I'll do it again with an amber ale. I think there is a ton of potential with this.

Maybe it SHOULDN'T, bit it DID. I cracked the first "good one" tonight.
This is VERY crisp, nice and sour, but not "in your face" sour, just nicely so. The peach flavor is nice, but light...certainly not like a fruit lambic. This was a good project, and I'll do it again with an amber ale. I think there is a ton of potential with this.

Lots of potential. I think I've read somewhere they have syrups to add to Berliner Wiess (post opening bottle) that are of various fruit flavors. This takes down the harsh sourness a lot. I also have a Lacto Peach beer in the works. Straight Sach + lacto pitched at the same time on a grain bill of 50-50 wheat and 2-row to 1.032.

I'm also doing an experimental batch with elderberry's and flowers tomorrow. If I like how that turns out, I might make a elderberry/flower lacto something.

Back