Sound off: Commercial beer you're digging

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattHollingsworth

Reaction score
Okay, so list a beer that you're loving lately. A commercial one.

For me:

A local store just started carrying Corsendonk Agnus. So, been drinking a ton of that. Corsendonk Pater is usually available here, but the Agnus was only available at one bar here before. I saw the Agnus and thought it was Pater because the bottle's exactly the same. The only real difference is that the cap is white instead of brown. I noticed the white cap and picked it up to inspect it and noticed "Agnus". Yay!

Anyway, it's a Tripel sorta beer. Golden Belgian. Not quite as bitter or dry as Duvel but with a nice spicy character to it. Love it. So, I'm buying it while it lasts.

You?

I've been on a belgian kick lately in general. Last night started with The Bruery's Mischief. Awesome beer! Fantastic hop aroma/flavor. It was the first time I've had it and I'll definitely be going back for more pretty quickly. As if that weren't tasty enough, I followed it with some Golden Draak. The maltiness in comparison to the Mischief was incredible - it was like a big old malty milkshake... in a good way. Two awesome beers.

Sea Dog- Blue Paw

Its a blueberry wheat beer made in Maine. I dont even like fruity/wheat beers, but this one is a winner for the hot days down here in Florida.

I'm rather enjoying some Paulaner Salvator right now. Oh the malty goodness. Dangerous too. It tastes nothing like a 8% beer.

I brew so much that I haven't been drinking a lot of commercial beer lately. But I did have Great Divide's Oak Aged Chocolate Yeti and it was great. Even my girlfriend who generally hates oak loved it.

As I write, I having my first SN Glissade. I had seen it in the store, seen the label 'bock' and thought that I wouldn't like it - I'm a total fiend for ales and for hops. But I read good things here, so tried it. I like it! It is very clean and crisp, and is nicely hopped. It might inspire me to expand my brewing repertoire beyond IPAs.

Been drinking a lot of Big Sky Moose Drool as my session beer, but I make sure to have one Fuller's 1845 for my Friday night treat after another brutal week at work. I think 1845 might be the best beer on the planet.

SN Porter. I got a case for $14.99 because it was "outdated". It tastes sooo much better aged anyway!

FWIW, I can't decipher the date code, so I really don't know how "old" it is.

I found a bomber of Stone 13th Anniversary totally by chance today. Stopped at a little liquor store that had a little sign in the window - "craft beer here". Score!!

I've been knocking down some bottles of Aventinus. Albeit, slowly though. I find it hard to drink an 8.2% beer too fast. Good stuff.

BrewHerc

just got a 4pak of la fin du monde. never tried one until the other day when i got this. it was all i could do not to drink them all right away. it went right to the top of my list, right next to westmalle tripel.

+1 -- "Paulaner Salvator.... Dangerous too. It tastes nothing like a 8% beer."

BLVD Irish Ale. A bit more mallty / hoppy than Smithwisk's, but a solid beer.

Sam Adams Noble Pils
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
Deschutes Red Chair Northwest Pale Ale
Green Flash West Coast IPA
Victory Hop Wallop
...and a bunch of my homebrews!

Anything from New Glarus Brewing. And Oso Brewing is pretty damn good too. You can only get either of them in WI, so if you don't live here, well, then your life is that much more sucky than mine. Neener, neener, neener........:D

Been on a Sierra Nevada Torpedo Extra IPA and Southern Tier IPA kick lately.

Bass Ale and Sam Adams Boston Lager. What suprises me about the Sam is that I used to hate the stuff, now I order that if Bass isn't served.

Back