Sorry not sorry

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpecialGreg

Reaction score
Looking for a clone for the sorry not sorry IPA with peaches made by stone brewery. 5 gallon all grain please.

Stone is pretty helpful with a lot of their beers. A simple google search took me to their blog. Looks like it may be hard to clone. 2 experimental hops that could be hard to get.

Stone Blog

Edit: Looks like morebeer carries HBC 342. HBC 344 may be harder to find

I've been thinking about this too. I haven't found a source for HBC 344. According to Bear Flavored, it has notes of green apple and tropical aromas. I've never used either variety, but Equinox and Calypso hops have a somewhat similar description and have fairly similar AA% and beta acid %. They're higher in co-humulone, so they might be a little harsher, but it might be our best bet.

http://www.bear-flavored.com/2013/06/new-hops-alert-hbc-291-hbc-344-hbc-366.html

I was figuring a fairly simple grain bill of probably 95% Pale Ale malt, and 5% lighter crystal. Maybe some dextrose to lighten the color a touch and dry it out. Bitter with 30-40IBU of Warrior, and use a whole lot of everything else for late additions, whirlpool, and dry hop. The peaches blend really well with the hops, so it was kind of hard to tell how much impact they had on the flavor.

Let me know if you give it a shot.

I've been thinking about this too. I haven't found a source for HBC 344. According to Bear Flavored, it has notes of green apple and tropical aromas. I've never used either variety, but Equinox and Calypso hops have a somewhat similar description and have fairly similar AA% and beta acid %. They're higher in co-humulone, so they might be a little harsher, but it might be our best bet.

http://www.bear-flavored.com/2013/06/new-hops-alert-hbc-291-hbc-344-hbc-366.html

I was figuring a fairly simple grain bill of probably 95% Pale Ale malt, and 5% lighter crystal. Maybe some dextrose to lighten the color a touch and dry it out. Bitter with 30-40IBU of Warrior, and use a whole lot of everything else for late additions, whirlpool, and dry hop. The peaches blend really well with the hops, so it was kind of hard to tell how much impact they had on the flavor.

Let me know if you give it a shot.

Based on the feedback I've seen for Equinox, it has a strong green pepper taste so you may want to avoid using them or at least a significant quantity. I'll be curious if anyone can clone this beer as I loved the subtle peach flavor.

The thing with equinox and green pepper

It takes a bunch of equinox to make this happen. It's always shown up for me when I make big equinox beers (like a single-hop dipa) and when I dry hop with it. In small quantities, especially in hop stand, it gives mango/papaya/tropical juicy. It's actually very nice. Just be warned, USE IN MODERATION

Back