Sooooo... What'd you get for Christmas?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob2010SS

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I know there was a post asking what was on your Christmas list. I feel we should have a follow up to see what you got.

So, what did you get?

I got my yeast starter kit and my first yeast starter going for brew day tomorrow!
IMG_20171224_165751_086.jpg
20171224_161819.jpg
20171224_161813.jpg

My son is learning to use a 3D printer so he made me a tap handle. It was a trial run to see if the 3D-generated threads would actually work, which, as you can see, they did. So the next one will be made with green plastic to achieve a more normal looking hop.

th.jpg

That tap handle looks cool. Never thought of using a 3D printer for those. Great idea.

I got a tilt hydro for Christmas and excited to use it on my next batch. Truly an item I wanted but never would have bought for myself. Can’t wait to try it out.

Merry Christmas all !!!

After one of my clubmate's recommendations, I went for a Tilt hydrometer too. I'm looking to transfer to keg with a teeny bit of extract left so that I can spund the beer to carbonate.

Got an SS Brew bucket 3.5 gallon mini and a $50 gift card to LHBS along with a few other non brewing related items.

My son is learning to use a 3D printer so he made me a tap handle. It was a trial run to see if the 3D-generated threads would actually work, which, as you can see, they did. So the next one will be made with green plastic to achieve a more normal looking hop.

View attachment 551081
That tap handle is pretty sweet. You could sell those!! I like that a lot

I also got an oxygenation kit with the oxygen tank from my mother in law, a $150 northern brewer gift card and some different varieties of oak cubes.

Merry christmas all.

10lb CO2 tank (bigger than i thought), regulator and party tap kit. Will be brewing this week and will have something to put into a keg soon. Looking forward to not bottling. I also got a leather bound brewing notebook to keep my recipes/notes in.

Victoria mill, refractometer, a few new instant read thermometer. Pretty excited for next few brews to tinker around.

Homebrew wise, my wife gave me a really neat STACK GROWLER and a case of swing-top bottles. Also some very nice shirts, a coat, and the most comfortable pair of slippers I've ever owned.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing, we don't do gifts, keeps things easier. So I built myself a 4 tap keezer.

I didn’t get them FOR Christmas, but I did get a pound each of Galaxy, Mosaic, Denali, and Enigma hops from YVH. I’ve got some single hop IPA’s coming up in my future! :rock:

We were pretty tapped out after buying for all the nieces, nephews, parents, granny, etc. so we end up doing a mid-January Kwanzaa gift exchange. In the meantime, so much booty. Foreal though, someone's stockings got filled.

I got a few more fast rack trays and a new bottle tree. My ones that will get the most use are from the MIL. A magnetic bottle opener that catches the caps and several wooden six pack carriers. I was told the carriers aren’t allowed back in her house unless they have some hefe in them.
IMG_1493.jpg
IMG_1492.jpg

Milwaukee MW102 pH meter, 3 hpmebrew books and the parts for a spund valve from my in-laws. So the two things I learned this holiday season is that an Amazon list is worth setting up and my in-laws must be feeling guilty about something that I don't know about yet.

Milwaukee MW102 pH meter, 3 hpmebrew books and the parts for a spund valve from my in-laws. So the two things I learned this holiday season is that an Amazon list is worth setting up and my in-laws must be feeling guilty about something that I don't know about yet.

Maybe they just feel sorry for you. Who else but a homebrew geek wants a ph meter and a spunding valve for Xmas!

Maybe they just feel sorry for you. Who else but a homebrew geek wants a ph meter and a spunding valve for Xmas!
At least they stuck to the list this year. Normally it's a bunch of crap I don't need. Cause seriously, what else says Christmas like pH? [emoji1]

Well, nothing beer related.
But a couple of checks and gift cards between my December birthday and Christmas justified buying a Millar's Mill. It's on the way.

I got the hook up. My father has been getting into woodworking and slowly amassing a workshop over the past couple of years. Completely unbeknownst to me, he put together an amazing grain mill cart, complete with a motor to run the mill. I can’t wait to give it a shot.

g7B8McN.jpg

I got the hook up. My father has been getting into woodworking and slowly amassing a workshop over the past couple of years. Completely unbeknownst to me, he put together an amazing grain mill cart, complete with a motor to run the mill. I can’t wait to give it a shot.

g7B8McN.jpg

I’m pretty sure he is my long lost biological father and he really meant to give that to me, but if it makes you feel better I will let you borrow it.

Just the beer related things,
Girlfriend hooked me up with a dry-bar (accent table) for my new house, Step-mom's mom got me a couple of pint glasses and a nice stainless bottle opener, mom got me a random build 6 where she "picked neat looking labels" and my sister got me a 6 piece beer glass set so now I can finally enjoy my beer in appropriate or my preferred glasses at home. With the addition of that Dry Bar I've moved a kegerator way up on my list of things to get. I'll soon (hopefully lol) have draft beer in the little entry way behind my living room and look super classy while I'm doing it.

Mom gives Amazon cards to us for Christmas, so used mine to get a new waterproof digital thermometer (USB charged, no batteries to worry about!) and a digital scale that will weigh from grams to 15 pounds for accurate hop & grain measuring. Brewpub boss has been busy with the move, but got some hints that I would be getting a pick of the equipment we won't be needing in the new place....come on great big plate chiller!! Non brew related, also getting a small stand mixer from Amazon and a new side mirror & rearview mirror for my car courtesy of Amazon card from the kid & kid-in-law.

Back