Somethings eating my leaves!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Broadway

Reaction score
All my hops (fuggles and willamette) are growing great, but something is eating holes into the leaves... they look like somebody shot them with little hops leaves killin' shotguns.

I don't see any insects around them... I killed off all the ants before I planted them...

What could this be?

All my hops (fuggles and willamette) are growing great, but something is eating holes into the leaves... they look like somebody shot them with little hops leaves killin' shotguns.

I don't see any insects around them... I killed off all the ants before I planted them...

What could this be?

Could be a host of different bugs. Go out in the early morning and check the underside of the leaves. Ants won't eat the leaves, but they will be found around Aphids quite often. If you search online there are a quite a few different preventive oils, soaps, chemicals and homemade mixtures you can apply.

Back