Some new toys!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yashicamat

Reaction score
Managed to get some new toys in the last week!

Firstly, a decent sized stainless steel pot (20 litres or about 20 US quarts) for £20 (about $35):

n283200051_20786_9271.jpg

Then through a plumber friend of mine I got some 8mm copper pipe which I then made a (basic but effective) immersion cooler from (for the cost of a few bottles of my next beer!). It looks a bit odd, but it works on a siphon principle filling from the bottom of the coil and it really does work very well:

n283200051_20785_8963.jpg

Finally, managed to get hold of one of these:

n283200051_20784_8632.jpg

An Angram and only 6 months old for the grand total of $110.:tank:

Should keep me happy for some time now! Just awaiting my next beer to be ready to give the beer engine a workout.

That Chiller makes me shivver.
I' did 3 brews with my Counter Flow...and I'm done with it. Just don't trust clean if I can't see it.

The chiller is immersed into the wort, then I use the siphon effect to draw iced water through it. The wort doesn't flow through the chiller itself, for the same reason you say!:)

;)

Get real.:p

Really solid piece of kit. Since discovered that it's actually new, just 6 months since manufacture! Bonus!:mug:

:p Worth a shot. Seriously though if you could pick more of those up, you could make a killing selling them.

:p Worth a shot. Seriously though if you could pick more of those up, you could make a killing selling them.

This was a chance buy off the 'bay. The seller had neglected to mention it was an Angram so didn't get a huge amount of interest. Used (and slightly worn looking) Angrams go for similar money normally too. Over here most pubs have several so when a pub closes (and a lot are at the moment due to the credit crunch etc.) they find themselves up for sale.
I think if anything they're possibly going to get cheaper over here. Problem is for you guys to get one, you've got a pretty big and heavy item to post over.:(

Back