Solenoid Valves for wort

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys!

I'm trying to put together a 3 tier HERMS setup and I'm facing a problematic issue. Here at my country There's no ASCO valves (the one I know for a fact that many homebrewers use) and had been asking myself if I can use some of the generic ones that I can found Here.

They are made of Stainless steel and have NBR (Nitrile rubber) diaphragms. Do you guys think that this work well for pre boil wort?

The factory don't gave me any answers (can you believe that?) regarding the alloy of the SS (201, 304, 314...) and they don't confirm whith me if they are food graded (there's no FDA here for that consult), just that the body is made of SS and the diaphragm are made of NBR...

Some pictures below:

valvula-solenoide-12-diafragma-2-vias-em-aco-inox-nbr-130201-MLB20274018005_042015-F.jpg

valvula-solenoide-12-diafragma-2-vias-em-aco-inox-nbr-23422-MLB20248358741_022015-F.jpg

Latest posts

Back