Soldering resistors for P-J's E-stop

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Banjoman002

Reaction score
Building P-J's simple HLT setup...Got all my parts...Holes cut in my box and now I'm ready to connect things. So whats the best way to connect the two inline resistors for the E-stop. Twist the stranded wire on the resistor wire and solder? Crimp connectors? Should there be standed wire between the two resistors? Probably any of those would work but what's the best way.

Rich

I just twisted the leads of my resistors together, hit them with some flux and soldered them. One of the other ends was soldered directly to a fuse holder lug while the other loose end was twisted with some 14g stranded wire going to the switch. Just be sure to put some heat shrink tubing large enough to cover the whole assembly onto that wire leading to the switch. After soldering, slide it down and insulate the whole deal.

Prost!

Can you cut the wires on the ends of the resistors? Do they need to be that long?

Back