SoFC build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ModlrMike

Reaction score
I needed to build a fermentation chamber this weekend, and settled on a SoFC made of pink foam. Because my brewery is located very near my HVAC, I have a problem with high temps in the winter, and low temps in the summer. I think this will solve that problem.

This spring when I can get back out into the garage, I think I'll build something out of wood. The current build is held together with toothpicks and tuck tape, so I'll be able to reuse the foam in the new build. I hope to be able to put in a recirculating air system, so that I'm only cooling a very small portion of fresh air that leaks in. I'm also investing in a thermowell stopper so that I can get a more accurate temperature reading. Right now I have the probe taped to the side of the carboy. I'm using a Sonoff TH-16 just for monitoring now, but in the next version it will drive the fan.

I'm still getting good results. The ambient is 72F/21C, and the box is at 59F/15C. That's off the back of using two 2L milk jugs.

Pictures: 20190210_121926.jpg 20190210_122138.jpg 20190210_122154.jpg

Back