Soda, Tubing, Carb, PSI, Regulator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtrainer

BeerCzar I am
Reaction score
So I've had my kegerator up for a good couple years. Over all no worrys. I recently added a secondary regulator with a pass thru for force carbing and soda. My beer is set at 12 and the soda is set to 26 as a starting point.

I'm using a 7 ft lowes 3/16 ID tubing wiht a cobra tap.... (I know... it was just to sample for taste.) I also shoved a 1/4 inch tube down the dip tube in order to add/improve the resistence of my short cobra tap hose. I get complete foam and it settles to flat soda.

I'm also suspecting that my primary regulator might be broken or just off. I wonder if this is wy I fought foam issues even after extensive troubleshooting... the system didn't balance easy.

Tubing, Do I calc a soad tap tubing length the same as beer for a balanced system?

I have my cobra tap attached to 20 ft of 3/16" product hose, with a quick connect...but don't have an empty keg to put soda in yet.

I've read that most sodas are around 4 volumes ...and a 42 degree temperature would yeild 4 volumes at around 30 psi. I'm thinking of starting at 35 psi...and working my way down if the soda is over carbonated. And using 20ft of restrictor line.

Ideally...It would be nice to have s true Soda Faucet. They have adjustable restrictors in them to adjust the flow rate. They also have no bare metal for the carbonic acid in the soft drink, wich prevents metal from leaching into the beverage. That's why I'm going with the cobra facuet for now.

Latest posts

Back