Soaking bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pinebarrensbrew

Reaction score
So I was soaking a case of bottles in star San to de-label, and swmbo comes home and feels sick. Long story short shes hugging the throne now and I'm not goin to get to my bottles cause I have to tend to her. Will the bottles be ok overnight because the starsan is diluted? I know concentrated starsan can screw up glass. Thanks

Are you removing painted bottles? OXY will simply remove regular labels. Star San for paint removal works but not so well when diluted.

Either way, once your wife feels better your bottles should be fine:)

Sent from the Commune

Tell her to make sure she cleans that toilet when she's done, because you don't want to have to sit in her filth...

Then run away before she hurts you.

Tell her to make sure she cleans that toilet when she's done, because you don't want to have to sit in her filth...

Then run away before she hurts you.

Hahaha. She said she couldn't puke before. Now she's sleeping on my arm and I want to get an ipa from the fridge. Idk if I want to get risky and try the ol switcheroo with my arm and a pillow. And I can't talk **** to her cause I made the mistake of teaching her how to use every gun in the house. Lol

I just let out a loud triumphant yeast fart and she laughed in her sleep. Hahaha. And I caught the yeast fart cause I drank two bottles of my holiday spiced ale that I bottled before I realized its better to not tip the bucket than to need a blowoff tube in my drawers

Are you removing painted bottles? OXY will simply remove regular labels. Star San for paint removal works but not so well when diluted.

Either way, once your wife feels better your bottles should be fine:)

Sent from the Commune

No they're regular labels. I heard from a friend that a star San soak would just let the labels peel away with no glue left over. 4 of 6 came off clean so mabey the extended time will do the trick. And it's actually a little over diluted because I couldn't see wasting 3 full oz of star San for 21 bottles.

I think diluted ammonia takes labels off, but don't mix it with anything and do it in a well ventilated area

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

I have good luck with just warm\hot water and PBW. I really think its just the warm\hot water that does the trick with the labels.

Take care of the SWMBO now and she will take care of you later!

Back