So why do people post the same answers over and over and over?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would agree.

+1

I think we're all just in various states of boredom.

+1

We all like to throw in our two cents. It makes us feel needed...

+1

I'm not always one to expound upon the veracity of an already postulated verisimilitude- but in this exemplification, I concur.

+1

Sometimes it's reenforcement of an answer. Knowing it's more than just one dumb ass saying, "Yes, your beer will turn out purple and kill thousands", is comforting.

+1

To the OP.
Why do you have to be such a facist hitler nazi wannabe. Who are you to tell people they can't respond to the same question....

+1

The sky is not always blue. In fact it's grey here right now

P.S. BMC tastes like piss.

+2

I could go on, but no.

Dude, I so totally understand.... It's like when your wife says "Come over here big man and do me".... Then Laughing Gnome says the exact same thing to you. It is just perceived differently...

Yes, but when LG says that I know that there are no strings attached.
And I know that he is in fact talking to ME.
-Me

I would certainly concur with the sentiment of the majority on this particular issue.

It's not ruined! .....oh wait.... sorry...wrong thread....

Isn't there a formula to tell who advice to head? Something like:

Post count * Years on forum / (EAC level - Days to the apocalypse) * IQ

Revvy must know. Revvy Knows EVERYTHING.

Actually I think I am just going to refer all questions to Revvy from now on. :D

Isn't there a formula to tell who advice to head? Something like:

Post count * Years on forum / (EAC level - Days to the apocalypse) * IQ

Revvy must know. Revvy Knows EVERYTHING.

Actually I think I am just going to refer all questions to Revvy from now on. :D

Won't work. A factor in your equation is EAC level. As we all know, the definition of EAC is a closely guarded secret.... Hell, I don't even know WTF it is, so how can a n00b apply your formula. Therefore, your second suggestion is the only plausible solution.... Revvy has to provide every answer. The rest of us will just ask questions and post-whore.

Ok so apparently as a non-paying member you can't use search at all. I know advanced search was disabled (server issues) but I really hope TX brings back regular search and advanced for non-paying members since it does help keep the number of repeat questions down (the google search is only helpful to me when searching for combinations of 3 letter words)

nosearch.jpg

Orange. (To play devil's advocate)

Who sayes that our eyes even see true color? Maybe the color "blind" guy, is seeing what is REALLY there. Perhaps blue doesnt really even exist.

The sky is not always blue. In fact it's grey here right now

P.S. BMC tastes like piss.

So what I'm reading here is that "Orange" is not wrong. Right?

Cool, now that I've gotten the answer I was looking for I can go ahead and do what I was planning to do anyway.

Thanks to all those who guessed the correct answer that I wanted. And to those of you who guessed wrong better luck next thread.

Isn't there a point that a thread should die once the answer's been given? I mean, I know there's a ton of smart experienced brewers on here - but when someone's hit the right answer, there's no need to re-answer!

A few things to consider. Posters sometimes don't read all 58 pages before answering. Like just now. I am willing to take the time to answer your question but I am not invested in the outcome, so I may be unwilling to do as much reading as the OP.

Who decides when the right answer has been given?

And the real kicker: why not stop reading after you have seen the right answer?

Yes, and once someone does hit the right answer, I don't think there's a need to re-answer. So yes.

A few things to consider. Posters sometimes don't read all 58 pages before answering. Like just now. I am willing to take the time to answer your question but I am not invested in the outcome, so I may be unwilling to do as much reading as the OP.

Who decides when the right answer has been given?

And the real kicker: why not stop reading after you have seen the right answer?

I think this sums up nicely the perplexity of the situation. All BS aside..... The first person along provides the correct answer to the OP's question. The OP knows he has an answer, but can't know that it is necessarily the correct/best answer. I know if I ask a questions about water chemistry and get an answer from kaiser, I can take it to the bank. If I get an answer from shecky..... well, nuff said! (Sorry sheck, J/K ;)) But you see my point, I have been around here quite a while and know who to rely on and who just answers what they think without concrete knowledge to back it up.
The OP may not have that luxury, and therefore must rely on the general consensus of several answers to determine that it should pretty much be a correct answer.
Now, back to the BS...

con·sen·sus

1 a: general agreement : unanimity <the consensus of their opinion, based on reports…from the border — John Hersey> b: the judgment arrived at by most of those concerned <the consensus was to go ahead>
2: group solidarity in sentiment and belief

That's why.

1. I only read through page 5 cause it am already drinking.
2. I like to reread Revy's comments
3. Hit new posts, respond who cares if we don't use search if all we wanted to do was look things up we would use the wiki not the forum.
4. Ask the same question over & over, it gives me the chance to re read every thing and possibly remember something.

and yet again I'm (sorta) sorry I started this thread -- although the responses have been classic and have made me laugh! :mug:

1. I only read through page 5 cause it am already drinking.
2. I think I have a crush on Revvy
3. Hit new posts, respond who cares if we don't use search if all we wanted to do was look things up we would use the wiki not the forum.
4. Ask the same question over & over, it gives me the chance to re read every thing and possibly remember something.

Very good answer Janet -- well, except for the crush on Revvy part ;)

have a good night :mug:

I think we can all agree that when I opened this thread ajofja ozijoi 8elz naojd faljd f aonof a dng father was a dog Oiuaod ua voaj adf a burn in hell OUoa dfaj difj a;lzijn c oizujoiuadofjal alkdnf aoijihjovzla dfnoaidjf a df agnad fa wish you would just DIAF aiujpoiua zo pojdaf oajpd fja aijovj ozj ocijv aoiejr aodjja dfadfa znoijf ane oar adn ad a adiwowr only .22 calibre, I want my 9 mm now jozju adijf aljdio ja zzioj fal zlvvoadf ao88w zxvijoa d fwaw era sodiiva should have known when you bought that Johnny Depp scrapbook with mohad aujzoij fpaiejr aojoijzojoi aiweujra znc fa adfan df and when I think of what I did woaiauoizuj voijaodjf adfiajiorj aoij ozjucvaiojdf aerad".

Back