So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Planning to brew up a saison on Sunday morning. I like to bottle a batch of saison in spring so I have a couple cases to drink throughout the summer. It's not a style I enjoy enough to put on the taps, but it's great having some around when the mood strikes. Anyway, should be fun as I've finally gotten my new brewery set up out in my workshop/mancave.

Also my first brew with our new dog, Walter. Bring on the Lebowski quotes.

Doing an ipa on Saturday and attempting the vanilla porter I have been meaning to make the last 3 weekends on sunday. Told my wife to not make any plans cause I'm brewing and smoking meat all weekend

Brewing my Mandarin Witbier on Saturday. Gonna be my first yeast starter and my first multi-step mash -- I'm pretty psyched! Only trouble is it's a 2.5 gallon batch that will have to live in a 6 gallon carboy because my milk stout is being annoyingly slow to finish up in the small one. But I figure with the starter and warmer primary temp it should (fingers crossed) finish up quickly and get into bottles before the headspace can do any harm.

I finished to brew a clone Adelscott and the smell make me confident..to be continue

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Home Brew

Doing an ipa on Saturday and attempting the vanilla porter I have been meaning to make the last 3 weekends on sunday. Told my wife to not make any plans cause I'm brewing and smoking meat all weekend

That's funny. I usually tell my wife to make plans on the weekends I want to brew. Otherwise she's in my way and I'm in hers. You must have young children?

Gluten Free IPA-experiment time on deck for this Saturday, bottle conditioning some Gose, tasty as hell just needs some time to carb up

How long did you let the gose sit before bottling? Ive got one now at almost a month and is just forming a pellicle so i want to leave it a bit longer, just not sure how long.

I'll doing a North German Alt Beer tomorrow. I started my second step up this AM in anticipation of pitching tomorrow afternoon.

How long did you let the gose sit before bottling? Ive got one now at almost a month and is just forming a pellicle so i want to leave it a bit longer, just not sure how long.

A week in the primary then added some priming sugar and bottled. I fermented till I hit terminal gravity, had a sample warm and flat it was a bit salty but it has been in the bottle for 5 days as of today and the carbonation is helping with the salt mouthfeel. I am going to wait another 2 weeks before really drinking it. I have never heard of wanting a pellicle on this type of beer.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

5 gallon saison tomorrow morning.
I cleaned out the garage in case it rains.
Will be a bacon n' brewing kind of morning.

Doing an Oaked oat stout Tom morning. Just got my starter going. The wyeast packet I got from the LHBS for free cuz it was past the date.....I hope it takes off.....at least I have some washed us-05 just in case

I have two AG kits sitting beside me that I was planning to put in the BK tomorrow morning at daybreak. Sad thing is, I've developed a ****ty case of bronchitis, sinusitis, laryngitis and a damn ear infection. The only thing not yet swollen, sore or infected is my bunghole and I'm sure by the time these antibiotics get done with me, that's not too far off either.

Hope you guys have better luck this weekend than I have.

Happy Brewing!

I have an 8 hour window tomorrow. I'm going to bottle an IPA to clear out the fermenter. then I'm going to brew a Pliny followed by a robust Porter.

I haven't yet tested my new equipment configuration. this should be a complete disaster. I love a challenge

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Home Brew mobile app

Brewing an American IPA Sunday morning, just put the starter of WLP001 on the stir plate. This will be my first AG brew.

My pilsner/calypso smash boiling away as we speak

1396046958694.jpg

:drunk:Cottage House Saison... Willamette instead of Fuggle, everything else about the same. Can't wait to add black pepper to a beer.

Sunday morning brewer here, doing up my interpretation of 2 Hearted Ale this weekend. Pretty true to the clone thread here on HBT, but with a little Honey Malt. Going to change up the hops on this weekends brew. If I keep changing it I'll have to change the name soon.

I brewed the Zombie Dust clone from here on Wednesday, going to brew my house amber tomorrow. Just got done crushing and measuring out the hops. I can't wait. I just felt so pent up this winter that I already told my wife to be prepared. The next couple of weeks is going to be a brewing festival at my house.

Brewed a small batch (10L) of Munich/Tettnang SMaSH, pitched with US-05.

Finally finished my brew day. Did 5 gal Oaked oat stout. Then took the 1.5 gal left in the tun and boiled down to a gal batch. Then racked 2 gal of cider to secondary and added some lil cutie oranges I've had soaking in vodka the last week. Last but not least, put two fresh gal cider on the leftover yeast cake, with some black tea and brown sugar in it. 9 hours of fun :)

I may try my first all grain brew tomorrow...Brew in a Bag pale ale recipe. If the weather is okay here and the kids aren't under foot. Forecast looks like it may have to be 2 pm start. I may put it off. Harder to do it during the week, though...SWMBO gets cranky if I'm not getting other things done during the week.

Brewing an APA with citra and cascade. Trying to really work on my process with my brutus system. Last batch didn't go smoothly when it came to recirculating the mash and sparging so I'm really focusing on that.

Brewin' a Nut Brown today, an HBT recipe. Looks like sunny & possibly 50's out there this afternoon!!! YEE HAAA! Doors open finally! :ban:

Trying something different!
Summer session beer, shooting for 4% ABV and 80 ibu's. High rate of carbonation, brewed exclusively with Amarillo! Got my fingers crossed on this one.

Green mountain high!

^sounds good!

Just finished a little 2.5 gallon batch of American Wheat with Apollo for bittering, Sorachi Ace late for aroma/flavor, and juice and zest from four oranges. Nailed a 1.048 OG, should be a nice late spring, early summer beer. The goal is for the Ms. to like it!

b2c6f66d8354ffc78c0f70dd8716d547.jpg

Pitched the yeast into 5 gallons of Irish Red about 4 hours ago. Still new at this, so just a basic "kit" put together by my LHBS.

Back