So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did a Moose Drool clone today & kegged a Ginger Ale (6.8%, how did *that* happen?)
Will be doing my house pale ale tomorrow.

just brewed 2 batches. one is a brown ale from muntuns with amber malt(1lb) and 2.5 cups dextrose, and another batch was a pilsner with saaz hops(pre hopped) and light malt(1lb) and 3 cups dextrose. yes im new and still extract brewing but hey, its great eh?

TylerGuy said:
just brewed 2 batches. one is a brown ale from muntuns with amber malt(1lb) and 2.5 cups dextrose, and another batch was a pilsner with saaz hops(pre hopped) and light malt(1lb) and 3 cups dextrose. yes im new and still extract brewing but hey, its great eh?

Ain't nothing wrong with extract. I'm sure most can say they have had some great beers that were extract brews!

After brewing a Hallertau Honey Blonde last weekend, this weekend it's my version of KingBrian's Caramel Amber Ale.

Centennial Blonde in the kettle right now. Have a great brew day and most importantly, thank a Veteran this weekend.

Gunna bottle my Maori IPA today,since this is the 7th day of dry hopping. Man,I can't wait to see if the flavors from the test samples come out with carbing & conditioning. Gunna try to brew one of the PM Berlin wheats tomorrow. Makin steak & all Monday,they're thin but a quick sear on the bbq might be good. Maybe with lemon marangue pie,pop's favorite. He was a Seabee in the Phillipines in WWII,111th special battalion. Don't forget,honor a vet!:mug:

Got a lot to do today:

Bottling Saison De La Maison Wong
Transfering to secondary nut in yo' brown eye
Brewing basement wheat and wicked WIPA

Gotta get the pipeline full again!

my plan was to brew today but that is not going to happen.
Huge cold/allergies, I am down and out. Plus don't want to snot into the wort.

Got my equipment ready for a trial run before I actually jump in. A toe in the water, as it were.

image-923883615.jpg

image-1806754339.jpg

long brew day, 3 batches + some cider. Most interesting was the "let's throw the leftover ingredients and see what comes out". Of course the leftover included a 90% full bag of grain and pounds of patent and roasted barley... it turned out to be as black and as thick as crude oil. All roasty and... Awesome!

What was supposed to be 10 gallons or so of an octoberfest is chilling as I type. The wind fought me and I had to put some scraps of drywall up as a windshield and somehow had way more boiloff than planned. Am going to top off and see where it goes. Hose water is a touch warm today for some reason so this is a long chill.

Pulling together the ingredients for a wit/wheat to be brewed sometime this week.

Brewed up 2 5 gallon batches of gluten free orange honey ale for SWMBO's sister in law. The original batch didn't have a chance as it disappeared in 1/3 the time it took to make it.

Finished up a Belgian Dubbel yesterday, did the yeast starter last night and will be doing a Nut Brown tomorrow.

I was trying for 3 beers over 3 days but today we have to shampoo the rugs and couch... Parents are coming over in a few weeks!

Bottled my Maori IPA yesterday,finished cleaning up this morning after taking the ingredients out of the fridge for one of the PM Berlin wheat kits to get brewed today. Gotta clean & assemble the new barley mill first.

Doing a willamette/cascade IPA tomorrow, it's a bank holiday here so it still counts as weekend!

Strike water is heating right now, haven't even had my coffee yet, getting coffee next, brewing a 10 gal of Flat Tire today, gtg!

Cheers :mug:

Just brewed something between a Maibock and Golden Festbier yesterday. It's an experiment to see how different yeasts affect taste. I split 6 gallons between 5 yeasts WLP 820, 833, 838, 860 and Wy 2633.

Just finished 32.5 liters (8.5 gal) of "German Style IPA". ;)

90% Pale Ale Malt, 6% Wheat Malt, 4% Crystal 40
60 min Polaris hops to 40 IBUs
30, 10, 0 min Mandarina Bavaria aroma hops

yeast: US-05

split into 2 fermenters
Fermenting at 62F
After fermentation is almost complete one fermenter will be dryhopped with Mandarina Bavaria
and the other with american hops (Cascade, citra, amarillo, simcoe, chinook)

Just mashed in on a Berlin wheat. Those Wyeast activator packs are tricky with the bit of gas inside. Makes it hard to keep the lil nutrient pack in the corner to smack it. We'll know when the mash is over if I got it or not.:confused: But the Barley Crusher grain mill wasn't so bad with the crank handle. Just have to get the lock screw against the flat on the shaft to keep it in place.

Got about 25 minutes left in the boil on the PM Berlin Wheat. 3056 smack pack swelling a little. After cleaning up from yesterday's bottling day this morning,& a brewday today,I def need some rhumatiz.:drunk: Gunna go grab a bottle of vodka while the wort's in the ice bath. A couple of them beers aren't gunna make it to tomorrow. Looks like I'm gettin a lil more boil off this time dialing up the heat for a better hot break.

Back