So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will be brewing an amber ale with citra and amarillo hops and a pale ale with citra and amarillo hops, hopefully.

I should be able to put together my "Burn in Helles". A terrific beer and recipe, of my own creation. Neighborhood loves it... Now they're gonna have to make donations, as this is a keg that lasts far to little time! LOL!!!!

Hopefully, tomorrow will be "brew day". I have two AHS kits ready to go; A TWR DIPA (Texas Wildfire Relief, Double IPA) and a Holiday ale (which I should' ve brewed about 2 months ago). I'm leaning towards the Holiday ale, just so it's not too far removed from the "Holiday" for which it was intended. I also have to bottle 10 gallons of a starter vs. no starter battle royale.[QUOTE/]
Woke up EARLY (3:30 am) and couldn't get back to sleep. Made a 1 qt. starter with Notty yeast, (For tomorrow's brew. I guess that means I'll have to remove myself from this list.) boiled two batches of priming sugar and bottled 9.3 gals. (by bottle/capacity count) of the starter debate.

Just fired the kettle on my first all grain. NB cream ale. Nervous and excited at the same time.

Just about ready to brew NB's Honey Kolsch. Smack-pack has been smacked. Sanitizing will commence shortly.

Ooops. No appropriate water in-house. Must run to the store to get decent water and a bag of ice for cooling.

West Coast Amber with using Cali V liquid for the first time.Gonna secondary to dryhopp and so i can harvest/wash the slurry for the next 6-8 batches.Yey!

40 minutes into the mash right now. This is my first AG batch, doing biab with two vessels. I usually do PM but this is low gravity enough my equipment can handle the small grain bill :rockin:

Bottled my Oatmeal Coffee Stout yesterday, and got my first pils lager in to my primary. Setting up my Johnson temp control today on my swmbo's repurposed chest freezer! Busy weekend!

About halfway through my mash for my inaugural BIAB batch on this system, using the bag I made yesterday. Normally, I do a 2- or 3-vessel setup, but I figured for small batches like the one I'm doing today, I should try to come up with a more portable arrangement.

I'm boiling up another mirror pond clone this weekend. The wife and I did one last weekend and had a couple of problems with my bucket fermentor (blew the lid off, twice) ;-( So I picked up a new carboy and kit and started again.
It's kind of ridiculous to contaminate your beer in fear of the damn blow off tube not getting a good enough seal on a plastic lid, oops.
Two carboys = tons of peace of mind.

Boiling a late winter warmer now. Had the stuff and life got me behind. Here's to more cold weather. Lol

Just finished cooling my batch of NB Honey Kolsch. I'm just letting the hops settle out of it for a few minutes, so I can limit the hop-sludge addition to the primary.

In the meantime, I'm enjoying a Shiner Kosmos Reserve. Wonderfully crisp, with a tangy green-apple acidity on the back end. I got this in a 6-pack, variety-pack. I've loved Shiner Bock for quite a while and jumped at the chance to try 5 others from the Spoetzel Brewery. The Blond was nice (not my favorite type of beer), the Hefe was very lemon-citrusy, and this Kosmos is uber-tasty. 2 more to go, after I pitch my yeast, then I'll be cracking open the first bottle of my NB Olde Luddite Strong Ale.

Just finishing up my first double ag day. Ready to get out of this cold garage. Did a Belgian golden strong ale and a monster iipa.

Brewing up my first batch of all grain brew this weekend. Just a basic pale ale just to get a feel for all grain before I go crazy with it.

:mug:

Debating between a chimay red clone or a coffee stout. Since I have a California Common bottled and an IPA in secondary, I'll probably go with the stout.

We got together to brew another batch of her Summer Shandy yesterday afternoon. It's giving the blow off a real workout now! Does that count???:rockin:

Milling tomorrow for my Horseman Red this weekend. If I get off my lazy butt and go pick up supplies, i'll be putting my yummy "So Long Summer" Witbier in the kettle as well. :)

got my rebel mill today!!! Wife and son leaving for the weekend. Oyster Stout and arrogant bastard clone on deck. also tapping my Two Hearted clone, which is also my first kegged beer. going to be a great weekend.

Brewing an American amber tomorrow....1,400 gallons roughly.

Well the thread title doesn't say who's 'homebrewing' :p

Porter is about 15 mins away from it's last addition. Hopefully it's ready in 3 weeks for st pattys day!

Looks like a re-brew for competition (2.5 gal) and 5-7gal of my first Black Cascadian IPA in honor of a buddy who got me into brewing..should be just starting to peak when he gets back from deployment!

Latest posts

Back