Quantcast

So who's brewing this weekend?

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Scottyward

Reaction score
5gal all grain dry Irish stout in 10.5 anvil. For once all my numbers spot on . Amazing color, gravity and smell. Yeast starter spot on, with full head in 7 hours.. hoping for a st pats tasting in 4 weeks.

Elric

Reaction score
I freed up one of my mini 1 gallon kegs last night, so this afternoon I brewed a double IPA to fill it. been meaning to brew this one forever but kept getting pushed back by other season specific brews I wanted instead. Doing it hot with Kveik so should turn around pretty quick.

Reaction score
Brews a 6g AG batch of my clone of Three Taverns Night in Brussels/Night on Ponce with my daughter.
pitched half with US-05 and half with Lallemand Belgian Abbaye.
We nailed the numbers.

Saunassa

One Life Brewing - life's to short for crappy beer
Reaction score
I was going to. But when they said we would be above 0f on Saturday I brewed during lunch on Thursday, rather long lunch and went snowmobiling Saturday.

day_trippr

"Now brewing exclusively with Hydrohydroxic Acid"
Reaction score
Long weekend :)

Doing Yet Another NEIPA, so far smooth as butter. The rig has been on cruise during the recirculation, haven't touched a knob in a half hour...

20210222_104554.jpg

Fly sparge started...

20210222_115149.jpg

One point on the plus side of pre-boil gravity, now whirlpooling lots of hops! :)

20210222_143621.jpg

Kettles and rig cleaned, carboys filled, yeast pitched, O2 applied, all hooked up to the keg purging system and ready to go!
Well, except those two loose clamps I just noticed in the pic :)

galaxy_6_02feb2021.jpg

Time for a just reward! :D

julius_02feb2021.jpg

Cheers!

Last edited:

orionol73

Reaction score
Long weekend :)

Doing Yet Another NEIPA, so far smooth as butter. The rig has been on cruise during the recirculation, haven't touched a knob in a half hour...

View attachment 719640

Fly sparge started...

View attachment 719645

One point on the plus side of pre-boil gravity, now whirlpooling lots of hops! :)

View attachment 719656

Kettles and rig cleaned, carboys filled, yeast pitched, O2 applied, all hooked up to the keg purging system and ready to go!
Well, except those two loose clamps I just noticed in the pic :)

View attachment 719679

Time for a just reward! :D

View attachment 719681

Cheers!
What do you have on the tail end of the purging process for the last keg? A PRV or airlock? Are you getting slight pressure in the kegs or anywhere in the system?
Thanks!

day_trippr

"Now brewing exclusively with Hydrohydroxic Acid"
Reaction score
I submerge that last tubing run a few inches deep in a quart mason jar of plain water. I like to see the bubbles :)
From a previous brew:

1614044410931.png

Using yeast that's only a few days old, today's batch is already starting to bubble. I like that, too :)

Cheers!

jdauria

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Was going to brew this week, an American Wheat, but my hops are in FedEx limbo...stuck in that "Pending deliver" loop...been six days since they left Yakima Valley and they are only in Spokane now. So doubt they will make it to Mass in time...so going to have to get crappy repackaged LHBS shops that are in just plastic bags.

deuc224

Reaction score
Im going to try the imperial stout this weekend, gonna take a few days just to make the starter. My hefe dunkel was a total fail and really broke my heart. Came out the COMPLETE opposite of what i was going for.

seatazzz

Well-Known Bloviator & Pontificator
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
LHBS was out of two-row due to missed delivery during the snowstorm last week, but she did have Canadian Pils. So my planned usual House American Strong recipe got a bit of an overhaul; usual recipe is 16lbs two-row and 2lb Special B, this time went with 12lbs Pilsner, 2lbs light Munich, and 2lbs special B. Should turn out interesting if not as strong as the usual suspect. Smells divine in the mash tun. Still debating on the hops; usual is Chinook, but I've got a ton of el Dorado that I need to use, so might go with a mix of that and Chinook. Dunno yet, plenty of time in hand to decide.

kevin58

Reaction score
Well, after a solid month of daytime temperatures in the teens we've had upper 30's and 40's for the past week. With highs expected to be in the upper 40's today I had planned this as my first brew day of 2021. I went out to the garage (unheated) to do some prep work yesterday (high 45°) and found the hose I use to supply water from the house to the garage still frozen. Then I found that I had left a bit of water in the HLT and my HERMS coil was frozen in place. So... no brew day for me today.

Knightshade

Which way is up again??
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Brewed a tropical stout on Friday. Hope it turns out. Was going to brew again today, but the thought of all that cleaning so quick had me hit the pause button.

BrewZer

Take Me To Your Liter
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Belgian Blonde
Beer, I assume?

If my grain buster gets here tomorrow, I'll step up some WLP051, bust my 13 lbs of kernels, wash the new BIABbag, clean the new 11-gal pot/basket, rig up the ladder frame and pulley system, and brew up a 5- or 6-gallon batch of Against the Grain California-style Pale Ale...my first all-grain batch. Hopping with Citra (long) and Hersbrucker (short) for a balanced hop profile.

If not, I'll just push it back a week.

Last edited:

Tobor_8thMan

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Me. I will brew the White Labs "Crazy 4 Cali" (California Common) beer from the September 2020 BYO.

However, when working on the recipe, I notice someone f*cked up the recipe. 0.6 lb Northern Brewer hops at 60 minutes! 1 lb of Northern Brewer hops at 15 minutes! 0.6 lb Northern Brewer hops at 5 minutes! No, the hop charges are incorrect. Correct are 0.6 ounces at 60 minutes, 0.1 ounces at 15 minutes and 0.6 ounces at 5 minutes.

Recipe scaled to my brewhouse/mash efficiency. Everything is ready to go.

Abrayton

Reaction score
Beer, I assume?

If my grain buster gets here tomorrow, I'll step up some WLP051, bust my 13 lbs of kernels, wash the new BIABbag, clean the new 11-gal pot/basket, rig up the ladder frame and pulley system, and brew up a 5- or 6-gallon batch of Against the Grain California-style Pale Ale...my first all-grain batch. Hopping with Citra (long) and Hersbrucker (short) for a balanced hop profile.

If not, I'll just push it back a week.
The Belgian Blonde is my beer, the Polish blonde is my wife.