So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
brewed up a blonde ale, thinking about adding strawberries in a few weeks. Just hit every brewers favorite part of the brew day, clean up. Thought i'd relax and enjoy a home brew before the scrub down

Just put my 1st lager to bed. A nice amber lager. Here it is boiling away. Also, my 1st evening brew. I'm usually an early morning brewer. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1400381418.908661.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I WANT to be brewing Cream of Three Crops this weekend, but I've got 6 fermentors full, and no place to put another batch. So I'm checking a lot of gravity readings this morning and seeing what can start cold conditioning.

So I can't be a vegetable today (it's raining here) I am preparing to do my California Common batch #1 (with us-05) and later this month will do batch #2 (with wlp810 San Francisco Lager). Gonna start experimenting with differing ingredients for effect.

I love science!

Maxing out the BK with a robust porter. I hope I don't get a boil over. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1400429380.722966.jpg

Hit my pre-boil gravity spot on for my first all grain!
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1400430839.568826.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1400430848.347689.jpg
Waiting for it to hit a boil now.

Well don't... relax take it one step at a time and just remember, in the end you WILL make beer. :cheers:

Thanks! It's chilling now. I must remember that whole mantra rdwhahb :cheers:

Brewed my first all-grain BIAB-style today. Started off on the wrong foot when the wind blew my hydrometer off my work bench and it broke. But everything else seemed to go ok after that.

Gotta finish cleaning up after bottling my ESB yesterday. Got 53 bottles out of a batch that took only two weeks to go from pitch to settled out clear.

Brewed my house pale ale (Citra with a touch of Nugget) this past weekend. I needed something hoppy in the pipeline, but mostly wanted the yeast cake for a barley wine I hope to brew in 2-3 weeks.

This weekend I'm brewing batch 100 (I think....) and am going back to the first beer I ever made, ESB. Very excited to see how far I've come. I still remember my first batch, the process, the flavor, the nervousness, the lack of patience :)

Got my brew on yesterday... Did my first all grain, which was a smokey Apple beer. We'll see how it turned out. 3 gallon batch. Smells good. Looks really cloudy . . .
Also did a Lilac Wine... Came out a nice colour. Yay!

1400628437371.jpg

1400628450393.jpg

Doubling up this weekend. I'm going to do a lawnmower beer (simple 4% Golden Promise/Centennial beer) and then my first ever Berliner weisse.

Not going to be actually brewing, but I'm going to make a nice small low gravity starter to start culturing up some yeast from Coniston Bluebird Bitter for my impending clone attempt. I've pitched sour dregs before, but never tried raising a regular yeast strain from the bottle before. Granted I'm pitching into a beer in the low 1.040's, so I won't need much yeast, but still figure this'll take a couple steps, no? Plan on using the Mr. Malty slurry figures to calculate the pitching rate.

Knocked out a six gallon batch of Hop Stoopid yesterday. Used my Hop Rocket w/ 2 oz of Simcoe.
Planning six gal if Cottage House Saison for Saturday.

Going to get the smoker going for some bbq and brew up a house pale ale. Should be pretty rad!

Latest posts

Back