So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking to brew the lemon lime hefe! Seems fairly popular and I think it'll be the perfect thing to have on tap at my friends upcoming bridal shower I'll be hosting. Here's hoping its as good as everyone says it is!

may also do 5-10gallons of our house pale ale...the keg just blew! :( Plus, what better thing to do than brew on st. paddy's day!

Doing my first AG and second ever batch tomorrow. Doing a Citra, Galaxy, Nelson IPA to put all the new equipment and my brain to the test. Going to be an adventure.

Thinking of making a RIS on my birthday sunday. Still havent made up my mind yet

I brewed a RIS two weeks ago. I plan on leaving it in the primary for two more weeks and then bulk aging it in a secondary for three or four more months before bottling sometime this summer.

This weekend I am brewing another 10 gallons of my own IPA. Can't seem to keep that around here for long.

Brewing a Belgian Wit this Saturday. Thinking about adding corriander, bitter orange peel and trying to find some fresh tangerine peel to add in. I'm gonna use T-58 yeast and prime with brown sugar.

Bottling AND brewing tomorrow. Will probably be my last dark beer for the winter and spring months. Time for Wheats, golden/pale ales, and if another lighter beer moves me.

Bottling AND brewing tomorrow. Will probably be my last dark beer for the winter and spring months. Time for Wheats, golden/pale ales, and if another lighter beer moves me.

I hate doing both in one day! I'll be bottling Saturday and brewing Sunday.
I'm also getting ready for spring so this week's brew is a Saison.

Trying to conjure up something to brew with some more burton ale yeast. Anybody use it much,let me know.Might be sticking with esb or english pale/ipa.

Doing a Texas Blonde kit this weekend and bumping it up a bit with some Honey, Caramel Malt, Steel Cut Oats & Golding Hops.

The experimentation is proving to be worth the effort.

Currently drinking my Java Stout -w/tart cherry, vanilla & brown sugars
Also enjoying an earlier batch of Amber Ale w/dark molasses and orange zest

I'm brewing tomorrow night (3/15). First time in 8 months. To say I am excited would be an understatement! Brewing a Pale ale, boarderline IPA, that I made up last night.

Brewing a la petite orange limited edition extract kit from northern brewer on 3-17-13

Trying to conjure up something to brew with some more burton ale yeast. Anybody use it much,let me know.Might be sticking with esb or english pale/ipa.

I just did a Maris Otter/Northern Brewer sMasH last week. I went with us-04 but Burton ale yeast would have made it uber authentic.

Right now I'm mashing my NOLA Hopacalyspe. I've been playing with hop bursting and trying this with as few hops as I can to get the flavor and aroma I like. With a first wort hopping of 1oz, and 7 oz under 20, I can still get to over 100 IBUs and hopefully make this a drinkable brew near 6%.

Brewing Jamil's west coast blaster

And transferring a Dubbel to secondary, dry hopping a pale ale, and bottling a raging raisin busy busy weekend.

I'm going to brew up an English IPA. Not a true English IPA...but something unique.

Going with Maris Otter, Victory and Special Roast and then I have the aroma and flavor hops coming from Mosaic. The thought process is that the biscuit/toast of the malt and the stone fruit/blueberry of the Mosaic might pair well.

Going to use WLP007...love that yeast.

Nice day, I am brewing a Russian Imperial Stout this morning. Hope I can fit the almost 24 lbs of grains in the 10 gal mash tun. Wish me luck.

Sheldon

It looks like at least one of my 2 batches will be at a stable FG tomorrow. Need a bottling day to wash some of the WL029 yeast in both batches for a new one to be brewed asap.

I hate doing both in one day! I'll be bottling Saturday and brewing Sunday.
I'm also getting ready for spring so this week's brew is a Saison.

It has been........interesting. I started about 6:30 and it is 10:00 here and this the first time I have sit down. But I am only doing partial mash on the stovetop. It is a little more time efficient because I started warming up strike water while bottling and then I cleaned up from bottling while mashing. I probably wouldn't have done both in one day but I am off and rest of family is working or at school and I have about 80 things to do between now and May when it starts getting too hot to work outside.
I want to brew a Saison but it kind of scares me for some reason.

I'm brewing a basic American pale ale this weekend.
10lbs marris otter
1lb crystal 20
1lb crystal 80
1oz centennial 60 min
0.5oz cascade 15 min
0.5oz cascade at flame out

Simple but delicious for a spring beer

To brew, or not to brew. That is the question. I picked up a new primary and secondary yesterday, and I have grain, hops and yeast ready to go. Originally I was going to brew this next weekend because the weather is going to be 65F and sunny and opposed to to 45F and rainy this weekend.

Since my car died and I won't be able to go to my buddies to brew next weekend like I planned, I decided I will brew Sunday. What better way to celebrate St. Paddy's than drinking and brewing??

sweed said:
I want to new this weekend, but all my fermenters/carboys are filled... Hopefully next weekend.

I want to as well but I can't find my carboy stopper and airlock. Will need to ride to the LHBS

Latest posts

Back