So, what is your glass of beer of choice?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fbaillargeon

Reaction score
I'm pretty partial to either a 16oz pint or a 14oz Glass steins.

I of course enjoy speaking like a leprechaun at every occasion saying "Woudja like a bowl of stew and a tankard of ale" :D

What about you guys?

What about you guys?

I don't often drink at home, if I do it is one or two at most. That being said, at home I have a little snifter glass that was gifted to me. I love it. Its the perfect amount.

Any other time? A solid pint glass will do. Any size.

Tulip glass is my favorite for my hoppy pale ales.

20150614_202246.jpg

I love me a pint glass!

If it's a real hot day I go to this cheap plastic 32oz mug I got from a local bar. More room for hydration!

A strong beer I like in a snifter

I kinda collect beer glasses so I have one for every occasion it seems like haha. Wife has been trying to get me to down size :(

My favorite glass is a 22 ounce pilsner. When I pour a pint bottle, with a good head, I want to do it in one pour.

I like a tulip for most beers, but end up with an oversized wine goblet most of the time.

However I will only consider a flagon if drinking mead.

I don't care about the glass so long as it is clean. I tend to grab a 1L dimpled mug because it's the biggest I have got.

I recently bought a Spiegelau set including an IPA glass, which is becoming my favorite. The glass is thin and very clear.

I love my cheap 99 cent store mugs they hold 22 ounces and two of them change my attitude!

I'm a pint glass guy. Unless I'm drinking an imperial something-or-other. Then it's a snifter/tulip all the way.
Pilsners are good in those vase looking glasses but I don't drink too many of those!

picked up a hydroflask pint glass recently. it's great for drinkin outside.

I usually pick up something interesting at a second hand store and use it for awhile until I get bored/it breaks, but I've accumulated a great variety this way.

Shaker glasses are the devil and make baby jesus cry when you fill them with delicious beer

Glasses with stems are for wine.

:p

I like the nonic pint glass, but most are so thin... I have broken every one I've ever had.

Wife got me a set of four tulip glasses last Christmas, just after I started brewing. Depending on my mood and the choice of beer, I'll generally either drink from those or a good old American pint glass. If I feel like putting back a bomber, I'll use an imperial pint glass from back in my days of slinging beers at a small Irish pub...

Im torn. I guess if I had to choose one, it'd be an imperial pint glass. I do love my sniffers though.

The snob side of me would say: it depends what you plan to fill it with.

The non-snobby, after work, just get a beer in me would say: just grab whatever is closest to me.

With that said. My favorite is the tulip glass (makes me feel fancy), and the English pub glass (with the bulge near the top).

Spiegelau snifter from Widmer Brother's Arts & Draughts event in 2011. Someone actually left two of them in my apartment's "free pile" a couple of years ago. I gave one to my neighbor and kept one for myself. Ever since then it's been my "go to" glass for enjoying a special beer.

I've been digging my Lefe chalice I picked up at a flea market. I can imagine I'm being refined by pouring my 9.5% Belgian tripel into it.

"Depends on the style"--I second that! Have a couple nice heavy dimpled glass mugs for mild (20 oz. imperial pint). Usually a no-nik pint for pale ales or IPA's. Different chalice-style glasses for Belgians (Verboden Vrucht, Chimay, Westvleteren, St. Bernardus). Guinness-style pint glass for stouts (or anything). A shaker if nothing else is clean. I have an A-B pilsner glass (etched logo) for lagers, but rarely use it. It's only 10 oz.

Latest posts

Back