so seird thing happened....(i left it for effect)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bracconiere

Jolly Alcoholic - In Remembrance 2023
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
so i pulled my empty keg, allexcited that i was finally going to have 6 of my kegs full for the first time in like 2 years, yea cider, turbo yeast!!

what was weird is i pulled the empty keg out of the fridge, put it besides my other keg, vented it to get it clean, then when i went to vent the other keg, it didn't have pressure, natural i said to myself. som'***** has been leaking! but when i went to pick it up it's f'n full! i don't know what's even in it! it's just been sitting out full all this time! now to see what's ever in it is still drinkable.....LOL

must have been drinking....

Well it's been over an hour. How quickly would a glass of insecticide have effect?

Cheers! ;)

i already had another 10 gallons of cider ready for two kegs, and only had one empty. it smelled horrid...i dumped it, and siphoned my fresh cider into both.....for all i know it was PBW, but i wouldn't know why it would have a yeast cake at the bottom then.....

and i ordered 5 packs of urea free turbo yeast for fruit....hopefully i don't have a mysteriously full keg again, and only well explained ones!

Damn near the same thing happened to me this past weekend! Somehow a full keg got shuffled around behind some clean empties. The only difference is that I remember setting it to the side last spring before a trip (took it out of the fridge once carbed to make room for another). I never thought about it again till I grabbed the handles and pulled on that “empty keg”. Mine is a Belgian blonde and has aged quite well for surviving in a hot/freezing garage all year.

Damn near the same thing happened to me this past weekend!

glad to know i'm in good company here at HBT! ;) (and it sounds like we're more fortunate then the 'lift and feel' to know when your keg is going dry, one of them said it was empty, but just stuck to the floor! lol)

“You are” and “it is”! It’s like finding a 20 in your winter coat from the previous year, except 5gal of beer is way better.

“You are” and “it is”! It’s like finding a 20 in your winter coat from the previous year, except 5gal of beer is way better.

LOL, i just found $200 in a drawer a few months back....it was my dead mom's so i think i actually found it twice....first time i didn't have the heart to take it....

i'd have to say finding, then, dumping a full keg was a similar feeling.....

Latest posts

Back