So much for all of the B1G being the best conference crap...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't Michigan beat the snot out of Florida?

And Ohio State beat Notre Dame.

The B1G had a lot of very good teams this year. Problem was that despite the rankings, they had no "elite" teams.

I respect the hell out of Mark Dantonio, and think he's one of the best coaches in college football. But MSU doesn't have the talent on their roster to compete with Alabama, a team also coached by one of the finest in the business.

Likewise, Iowa was the product of a favorable schedule and not an elite team. I don't think they're as bad as the score indicated yesterday, but they're not elite.

Michigan showed this year what can happen if you marry near-elite talent with elite coaching. And Ohio State showed what happens when you have elite talent but you lose an elite coach (Herman) to another team. Luckily for both teams, Florida and Notre Dame were overrated this year (like every year for Notre Dame). So neither team faced an elite opponent.

Frankly, Ohio State was the only B1G team that had the talent to face Alabama this year. Still, without Tom Herman, I don't think they'd have really had much of a chance of beating Alabama.

The B1G had a lot of very good teams this year. Problem was that despite the rankings, they had no "elite" teams.

I respect the hell out of Mark Dantonio, and think he's one of the best coaches in college football. But MSU doesn't have the talent on their roster to compete with Alabama, a team also coached by one of the finest in the business.

Likewise, Iowa was the product of a favorable schedule and not an elite team. I don't think they're as bad as the score indicated yesterday, but they're not elite.

Michigan showed this year what can happen if you marry near-elite talent with elite coaching. And Ohio State showed what happens when you have elite talent but you lose an elite coach (Herman) to another team. Luckily for both teams, Florida and Notre Dame were overrated this year (like every year for Notre Dame). So neither team faced an elite opponent.

Frankly, Ohio State was the only B1G team that had the talent to face Alabama this year. Still, without Tom Herman, I don't think they'd have really had much of a chance of beating Alabama.

Yup.

That game with Ohio St last year spawned that pissed off monster of a team that is in T Town this year too.

Alabama is a beast, but MSU shouldn't have played as bad as they did in the bowl game.

OT, but I think the way they scheduled the playoffs this year was crap. Way too much time between games IMO. We should be enjoying the Championship on NY.

Alabama is a beast, but MSU shouldn't have played as bad as they did in the bowl game.

OT, but I think the way they scheduled the playoffs this year was crap. Way too much time between games IMO. We should be enjoying the Championship on NY.

I agree. New Years Eve was BS.

Bama had significant influence over MSU's poor play. They appeared overwhelmed to me.

I agree. New Years Eve was BS.

Bama had significant influence over MSU's poor play. They appeared overwhelmed to me.

Agreed, but my point is that while I don't think MSU could have won more than 1 game out of 5 again Tide, I think they should have been better on Defense and maybe earn a few points.

I was in process of NYE celebrating, so I didn't get to see the entire game, but I watched enough. Cook threw that INT right near the goal line and I almost lost hope. If he hadn't telegraphed the pass by staring the receiver down, I might not have minded it too much, but it's pretty easy to pick a guy off when you know where the ball is going.

They gotta play better than that to have a chance against a powerhouse like Alabama.

TCU / Oregon was the best bowl game to watch. I'm a WVU alumni, so I enjoyed the game - retarded to have a 1030 pm kickoff though...

Alabama is going to murder Clemson

TCU / Oregon was the best bowl game to watch. I'm a WVU alumni, so I enjoyed the game - retarded to have a 1030 pm kickoff though...

Alabama is going to murder Clemson

I think this may be the perfect championship game. I can't pick a clear winner, but I think it's going to be a great game. Based on previous seasons, I'd go with Alabama, but seeing Clemson this year makes me hesitant to place money on it.

Agreed, but my point is that while I don't think MSU could have won more than 1 game out of 5 again Tide, I think they should have been better on Defense and maybe earn a few points.

I was in process of NYE celebrating, so I didn't get to see the entire game, but I watched enough. Cook threw that INT right near the goal line and I almost lost hope. If he hadn't telegraphed the pass by staring the receiver down, I might not have minded it too much, but it's pretty easy to pick a guy off when you know where the ball is going.

They gotta play better than that to have a chance against a powerhouse like Alabama.

Pretty sure they called the exact play back to back.

I think this may be the perfect championship game. I can't pick a clear winner, but I think it's going to be a great game. Based on previous seasons, I'd go with Alabama, but seeing Clemson this year makes me hesitant to place money on it.

Clemson's lack of depth on the defensive front may cost them late.

And with our D, it would greatly surprise me if they run up & down the field on us.

Lastly, I really wonder how they handle this stage.

Back