so i'm waiting in the airport security line...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

android

Reaction score
i hope everyone had a nice christmas and new year's!

my wife and i had the great honor to go to St. Thomas over christmas and yesterday, I'm in the security line getting ready to come home. there's this guy in front of me and i say to my wife, "this guy looks REALLY familiar, i think he's on TV, but i can't put the name to the face..."

i just keep on racking my brain to figure out who it is... he's with his wife and two kids, good family man... still trying to figure it out, his wife calls him "Jim" and few times and I even see that on one of his kid's passports there is the last name of "Koch", and I still don't put it together. I even hear that super distinctive voice and look.... brain is on holiday decompression mode I guess.

so, we are driving home from the airport many hours later and it hits me... That was Jim Koch, owner of Boston Beer!! not that he probably wanted me to say "Hi" or anything anyway, but I was kicking myself for not figuring it out while standing directly behind him!!

anyway, I thought you guys might get a kick out of it.

happy new year!

One of my friends won the 2011 Longshot and got to spend plenty of time hanging out with Jim at GABF. He says it's just like hanging out with a homebrewer! As far as celebrities go I think the celebrity brewers are the best!

Back