So...I'm drinking my first brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littletommy

Reaction score
My first ever home brew, an American wheat extract kit from Northern Brewer, sat in the primary for 3 weeks, bottled last Sunday, and sitting at room temp for a week now.

I simply HAD to know how it tasted, so I put one in the freezer for about 45 minutes, and just cracked it open. I have to say, it is WAY beyond my expectations for a first brew! It has a little carbonation, I'm sure it'll be better in another few weeks, but wow, I am impressed, and damn proud of myself!

Nothing like popping the top and hearing that hissing sound, and smelling that nice beer smell. I'd actually buy this beer in a bar. I'm glad I have another batch in the fermenter, I'm hooked!:ban::mug::tank:

congrats! your beer can only get better if you want it to! my first batch was downright rancid, but here's to never giving up! and keep that pipeline going, it goes faster than most think!

congrats! your beer can only get better if you want it to! my first batch was downright rancid, but here's to never giving up! and keep that pipeline going, it goes faster than most think!

I hear ya brother, I just ordered two more extract kits so I could have both fermentors going when I bottle my second batch.

Back