So, I want to get some pumps...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

banik

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sure every brewer getting pumps has this question, but where is the best place to get pumps?

I'm pretty agnostic to the exact pump, the March and Chugger both seem to perform similarly, though the Chugger SS head is, well, shiny (and less likely to be stripped).

I was thinking of Rebel Brewer (130), but they're out of stock.

Anyway- what do you folks things? Best place to get pumps? Wait til Black Friday? (It wouldn't be so bad- I'm building a Keezer, so brewing time could be reduced...) Thanks for your opinions!

I bought my Chuggers (SS Head) on Ebay last year. I think I got them for 80 bucks each.

Last I checked Chugger was not selling pumps due to redesign... I am curious as well I have been bouncing back and forth between March 809 and the Little Giant 578603... What is going to be the most gentle on the wort?

i can only comment on my march 809, can't complain, just have to be sure everything is hooked up right to minimize any air bubbles, but once you get the hang of it can't complain

I can only tell you about the march 809, I have had very little problems with several years of use. you do have to be very careful when threading any thing metal on to the plastic pump head, they can cross thread really easily. My brother is running the 815, and he likes them a lot.

Tesco Pumps is a good resource for pumps. they have lots of pumps at good prices and reasonable shipping.

I think both my pumps I bought from them, and replacement heads. I have one on the way that should be there today.

I bought a Chugger plastic head off ebay for $80, then turned around and got in on the free SS head pumps Chugger gave away. So, I basically got two for $40 each.

I use the plastic head to pump hot water from my HLT and the SS head pump to move wort around.

They work GREAT. With silicone tubing, and the heads aligned vertically, I never have any priming issues.

:rockin:

Back