So... I set myself on Fire.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here, I found you a costume to wear next year!
smokey-the-bear.jpeg

Well, if it makes you feel any better I almost burnt the daylights out of my hand last night.

I was cleaning a projector at work that had been collecting dust for about 4 years. I was trying to clean it out to try and hear a difference in the amount of noise it was making. As I was spraying canned air into it a fireball shot out from the front and from the fan that I was spraying. It burned all of the hair off of my hand and was a solid 6-8" fireball outside of the projector.

I'm just glad the canned air didn't explode, otherwise I would've been a lot worse off.

Classic story. Priceless! Great job explaining too!

I'm glad you are not scarred or sitting in a burn ward!!!

So your nieghbors going to compinsate you since you were on thier property and were set on fire by thier unprotected open flame? :)

I hope you're just kidding.

I used to live in the carribean and I sold stuff at an open market. We all used to laugh that only us Americans would trip on this crack in the sidewalk, then complain or try to blame someone. The Europeans would all pay attention and never trip because over there you have to be responsible for yourself. For some reason they never seemed to be texting when they walked over it like most people who would fall.

Brauhaus, not talking about you here, I would have set myself on fire too, funny story and I'm glad you didn't get hurt. :)

I hate to drag up old threads, but wearing a synthetic smokey suit around open flames is not the best idea in the world....

Trust me, I've been in that damn bear suit more times than I care to mention. Dont go near a flame. It burns, trust me.

Ok, Ok...
There is a picture out there... (25 innerweb bucks to who can find it) of Smokey the Bear dragging a drip torch through the woods. He promoting prescribed fire & all the benfits etc, etc..

What the pictures didnt show was what happened when some drip torch fuel dribbled on Smokeys fur slippers. That stuff burns hot & fast.

Good call on bumping this thread... this one HAS to get bumped once in a while. I freaking crack up laughing every time I read it (especially since I know no one got hurt)... absolutely classic stuff.

Since the OP didn't get hurt, it is rather humorous visualizing that scene!

I had to be in the bear suit week before last & needed to update this thread. Im glad somebody bumped it for me.

I am still lokking for that picture of Smokey burning the woods down..............

LOL, I'm glad I'm not alone fellas!

Weird that after a year I was drawn back to this forum to see how things have been going, anyway, this year I will not be getting set on fire, mark my words!

Brauhaus you should do it again on a different neighbors lawn, make it an annual thing. Thats how I usually make friends with my neighbors.

:rockin:

I am glad you were ok, sorry for the money lost of the suit cost, but heck.. I'm still chuckling!

Wow..

Ding-Dong

"Trick or Treat"

Sniper is on Fire!

OMG.. too funny!

Latest posts

Back