So I ran over my brew stand today.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skagdog

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Got a sweet score on a 91 F250 (351W, 5-speed) that needs a slave cylinder. Drove it home without a functioning clutch. Instead of watch football all day, I decided to get the tranny out and put in the goods while we still have some unseasonable warm weather and no snow in Fairbanks.
I was gonna drive it on my ramps in front of my garage so I could drop the tranny and replace the slave but it couldn't go that easy....

I opened the hood to disconnect the battery but then it dawned on me, I need it on the ramps before I disconnect. Place the ramps, jump in and bump it over to get it on the ramps...then the ramps fold.....:smack::smack::smack::smack:

Then smash goes the truck...The hood was up so it go folded by my upstairs porch...and my brew stand (just a turkey fryer but the only thing I have) got smashed beyond repair...:smack::smack:
My brew stand doubles as the bottom of my charcoal smoker so I can't even do that right now.:smack:

Truck $1000
Clutch kit, slave cylinder, rear main, rear t-case seal, various other gaskets...$350
Brother in law's ramps $75
Hood, shipped up from lower 48- $350
Broken brew stand (unable to brew) priceless:mad:

Forgive the old-ass credit card commercial reference.

I shoulda just sat on my hiney and watched football all day. Time for a beer.:mug::mug:

It sounds like a good excuse to upgrade your brew stand!! :D

Delay paying the brother in-law. Duct tape and a tarp for a hood temporarily. Or just hammer the bent hood straight for use until everything else is done.

Tarp is in place..I've set a craigslist alert for 87-91 F250, hopefully someone is parting one out. The hood wouldn't be soo bad but it's more than just a piece of sheet metal, you know, it's got some structural reinforcement to it. I guess I should say it "had" some structural reinforcement to it.

I was able to get the burner off of the pile of scrap metal, so that's a plus.

I think what I'm bummed the biggest about is that the body of this truck was in great shape, the two-tone brown paint job was gently weathered and looked great for a 91...not sooo much anymore.

I think I can delay the BIL with a brewbribery...

Latest posts

Back