So, I Made a Coffee Stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FluffyMuffins

Reaction score
I found a stout recipe and wanted to jazz it up a bit, so I added some coffee. Most things I found said about 2 cups of coffee grounds. I added 6. It turned out to be way too bitter(who woulda thunk), so I added some raisins and figs to sweeten things up. It did sweeten up and brought some balance to it.
My question is, as kegging day approaches, could I(or should I) add more raisins/ figs to the keg? I don't see any problem with it, other than a raisin might block the flow of beer. Will it make much of a difference?

Thanks

dude . your asking for trouble man....try some lactose, dissolved date sugar if you want that type of taste, or even a touch of cane sugar, and keep cold. The other possible route would be doing a mini mash with some crystal type, honey malt, etc and adding that as a back sweetner. I wouldnt put raisons or figs in your keg, two wrongs dont make a right...

Back