So I just watched "Swingers," and wow ...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kombat

Reaction score
... what a waste of 2 hours. It was the first time I'd ever watched it. I'd heard it was supposed to be some sort of cult classic, so I had pretty high expectations. But man, what a dud. Vince Vaughan's character was just annoying, there was no sex, no action, no funny lines, not even really any kind of plot. Just a few days in the lives of two annoying people.

I want 2 hours of my life back.

I want 2 hours of my life back.

I feel that way about most of the movies I've seen recently. :D That and I want my $$$ back too.

I've seen Swingers. I thought it was a little over-hyped, but it wasn't as bad as Notting Hill (The bad movie by which I rate all other bad movies), so I give it a pass.

That's the thing about cult movies - not everyone likes them. Some people hate the Big Lebowski (Phillistines, all). Some hate Rocky Horror, or Spinal Tap, or the stupid one with the Irish brothers who take down the Mafia.

That's the thing about cult movies - not everyone likes them. Some people hate the Big Lebowski (Phillistines, all). Some hate Rocky Horror, or Spinal Tap, or the stupid one with the Irish brothers who take down the Mafia.

Oh god that movie sucks.

If I remember right, didn't they also singlehandedly take down the Russian mob, the Japanese mob, crooked FBI agents, and every other dastardly no-goodnik in Massachusetts?

If I remember right, didn't they also singlehandedly take down the Russian mob, the Japanese mob, crooked FBI agents, and every other dastardly no-goodnik in Massachusetts?

Not to mention...THE DEADLIEST MAN IN THE WORLD.....who is somehow released from solitary in his customized cage, where no one can be touched (and presumeably killed) by him, so that he can come kill 2 morons, who he later becomes friends with.

He has the drop on them, waiting outside of that house with 17 guns pointed at the door, and fails to shoot any of the 3 retards (except for the one guy's finger:drunk: ) What in the undead dog fukk? Stoopid.

(We kinda jacked this ;))

I thought Swingers was good 12 years ago.

I kinda liked Swingers back then too. I think I was 22 when friends and I first saw it. I may have used the phrase"honey baby" or used "money" as an adjective back then.

I didn't get what all the fuss was about Swingers either. The Big Lebowski, however, really tied the room together.

Swingers is still one of my all time favorite movies but admittedly may be because of the nostalgia I have for the era when I first saw it. If I saw it today for the first time, perhaps not. Vince Vaugn's character is supposed to be a tool and I think he nailed it.

I kinda liked Swingers back then too. I think I was 22 when friends and I first saw it. I may have used the phrase"honey baby" or used "money" as an adjective back then.

The answering machine debacle still makes me chuckle.

Life does not start and stop at your convenience, you miserable piece of s**t.

Swingers is very much tied into the Los Angeles Lifestyle there are tons of hidden points that one would have no clue about and miss unless one lived in Los Angeles, even more so around that time frame. Which is why many people just don't get the film. If you understand all the hidden meanings, it adds a entire additional dynamic.

Back