Quantcast

So I have the hookup on bottles right now with beer included.

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Jsamp

Reaction score
One of my local stores is having a sale on Michelob 6 pack wheat variety. They include to 2 Honey Wheat, 2 Shocktop, and 2 DunkleWeisse. They are only $3/six pack. I picked up 2 tonight just because. I looked up the price at Austin Homebrew for a case of 24 and it was $15 plus shipping. So basically I can get 24 bottles for $12 and get the buzz on. I plan on picking up some more tomorrow just to complete the rest of the bottles I need for 3 5 gallon batches. Ya I drank most of them so what :mug:

OP
J

Jsamp

Reaction score
Not anymore. I used to get Amberboch a lot a little over a year ago and they were twist of then suddenly they were not. I think they started making a wider variety fairly recently. All but 1 six pack of bottles I have are michelob. I still believe the Ultra/Ultra Amber is still twist off. I'm almost certain but I havent bartended in a couple of months and I dont drink that watery crap.

Hammy71

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like a great deal. One of the stores I frequent has awesome deals like that on beers that are going outta date such as seasonal beers (not Bud "born on date" bs....). Just picked up a case of Dominion's Spring Buck for 7.99 a case. Not the best stuff....but strong and pop-top. He has the Michelob stuff for the same price sometimes. All their 'specialty' beers are pop-tops and great bottles, (the labels come off real easy too....). I love em!!

rico567

Reaction score
The Michelob "craft" beers are all pry-off caps. I have several; nice bottles, if one can't say as much for the beer. Didn't have any labels on 'em, got in trades with another homebrewer, but easy labels are sure a plus. Worst: Saranac, pure hell, with Celis a close runner-up. Best: Schlafly and Red Hook.

smiths9312

Reaction score
Hey, This Is Billy Mays And Oxyclean Will Peel Those Saranac Labels Right Off!

johntangus

Reaction score
I got a bunch of Shock Top bottles from the bowling alley that i go to. They are excellent bottles. Nice and sturdy and the label LOVES to come off!!

Not too big a fan of the taste, tho. :fro:

rico567

Reaction score
Hey, This Is Billy Mays And Oxyclean Will Peel Those Saranac Labels Right Off!
Good one.......but not with our water. It's so hard that if I soak bottles in Oxi-Clean, it will leave a white film on the bottles that has to be removed with an acid wash. I therefore soak for an hour in PBW, and they come off OK.

Latest posts