So I asked my son to help me think of a name

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grimster

Reaction score
Now that I'm finally getting into this whole homebrew thing, there's just something wrong drinking beer out of a plain brown bottle. So I asked my kid for some ideas and we came up with Bowser Brau and he was like Bowser could be holding a beer.

Now my first bottling I just whipped up a quick printed label mostly so I don't forget what's in the bottle:

DSCF7011.sized.jpg

Now being inept at graphic design I saw this thread and got some help.

Tonight I bottled my 2nd (and a half) batch (MrBeer being a half). And thanks to my 7 year old inkjet giving up the ghost and giving me the PERFECT excuse to buy that color laser printer I've been wanting for ages, they look pretty good, see what you think:

DSCF7004.sized.jpg

DSCF7002.sized.jpg

DSCF7001_001.sized.jpg

DSCF7006_001.sized.jpg

DSCF7005_001.sized.jpg

Oh. My. Gawd.

That is the most awesomest thing I've ever seen. Love Bowser holding the mug! I think you hit this one on the money. I may even steal this idea from you if you don't mind :D.

It's one thing to see a label as a jpeg, it's another thing to see it on a bottle.

Looks good.

It's one thing to see a label as a jpeg, it's another thing to see it on a bottle.

Looks good.

Yeah I really figured it was gonna be too colorful but once I got it on the bottle I was like "hell I like that" If I ever advance to the point of a competition or whatnot at least it should be easy to pick my bottles out of the crowd!

That is the coolest label I have ever seen. Good job great idea asking your son. :mug:

He also asked for photoshop (I gave him Gimp instead) and he's made some labels of his own, which I will use some of for my next bottling session next weekend or the weekend after. I'll definitely update with his labels at that time :drunk:

If he sold Nintendo would take a chunk outta him I imagine. But for a personal and friends thing thats an awesome looking label.

I must be getting old... all I could think about when I saw the thread title was Bowser from Sha Na Na...

bowzer.jpg

If he sold Nintendo would take a chunk outta him I imagine. But for a personal and friends thing thats an awesome looking label.

Not to mention the Federal Government since I believe that would be considered a felony. Not the poaching of Nintendo's trademarks but the whole selling of unlicensed alcohol. Also I believe there's a general rule around here about not even talking about this so yeah this is simply for my enjoyment rather than having a boring white printed label with "Just the facts ma'am" I wanted something catchy :)

Not to mention the Federal Government since I believe that would be considered a felony. Not the poaching of Nintendo's trademarks but the whole selling of unlicensed alcohol. Also I believe there's a general rule around here about not even talking about this so yeah this is simply for my enjoyment rather than having a boring white printed label with "Just the facts ma'am" I wanted something catchy :)

Indeed. I got that one. I ment if you went public and got licensed to sell.

But for personal use. I'd bet any of the boys from Nintendo would love a bottle of your brew.

Still a cool design. cheers :mug:

Great work, those are super nice.....even though the ink carts might give up the ghost soon too! Can't wait to see the next ones.:mug:

That's a great label. I came on here because I'm about to go to work putting my homebrew logo together tonight and I wanted to see what other people are doing. My idea has a similar theme, but not exactly. I'm a video game junky so I'll leave it at that until I get the time to put my sketch into action. Very cool idea and even better that your kid helped you come up with the idea.

Back