So girls like the smell of brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel left out that I have missed this so far!

Oh, we've already learned that that won't work out well for you :cross:

I need a link!

Not in French. -1 to you ;)

-1 to you for saying anything in french

I'm French, but good try.:D

Score stands, 1-0, me.

-25 for BEING french

seeing as this has degenerated i think i will go to bed now...:tank:

night, cheers

whaaaaaaaaa, i just got here!

Well F yall, i come and everyone leaves........ jesus that is so true in so many different ways :( :D

Well I am updating... It has been awhile, most people would think this a good sign... but nope, she dropped the class and i never saw here again... I'm still alone, but i do still often get compliments from women about how i smell after i brew. I brewed a red ale last Tuesday before class and was told how i smelled 4 times through out the day. 2 were rather interested but one ended the conversation with " I should tell my boy friend about this" and the other was interested until she found out i was brewing beer, she didn't like beer. The other two comments on my smell were from my friend whom is a guy and that doesn't count because i could careless how he thinks i smell, he just knows that when i smell a certain way that means i have more beer for him to drink if he comes over. and the third was an older lady whom was about oh maybe 50, defiantly a member of AARP... and well, I'm not looking for that kind of attention.

So the moral of the story, Girls like the smell of brewing, but it doesn't necessarily make them want to rip your cloths off... unfortunately...

The good news is that the Pale Ale i brewed that started this thread turned out very well and that is the upside

Cheers

I know 50 yo that can smell my hops any time!

Too bad about that chick in class. I was really empathiszing with you. I once took an algebra class with a hot blonde. She always asked me to help her with her homework, but whenever we go together she already knew the stuff! She was so distracting that I nearly flunked the class. But I was too stupid or scared to do anything.

Luckily she dropped out because her boyfriend left her and she had two kids. I played catch up and managed to pass the class in the end. But it took two more years to finally get with a girl.

I have no idea how I did so well in college with all of those young ladies walking around all the time. I wonder how I can function in society with my mind where it is constantly. Right fellas? How do we do it?

Jack,

Just because she dropped the calss dosen't mean you can't have contact with her.
Look her up, ask her out...

The worst that can posibally happen is she says "No."

I've been told "No" all my life. You forget the "No's," but lemme tell yuh, the "Yeses" sure stand out!

It's funny as hell how quickly thoughts change though... Brother in law introduced me to brewing about a year ago. At the time, the fiance loved the smells of brewing. Kinda like oatmeal she said... Funny how all of that changes once you start brewing in your own kitchen, with her around. Now everything "smells". Wonder if she doesn't like the smell, or the addiction?! You better ask that girl out man... she's a keeper if you indend on continuing to brew!

Jack,

Just because she dropped the calss dosen't mean you can't have contact with her.
Look her up, ask her out...

The worst that can posibally happen is she says "No."

I've been told "No" all my life. You forget the "No's," but lemme tell yuh, the "Yeses" sure stand out!

Just dont cross the line to stalker.

That sounded hot...but why did you not strike while the pheremones were flying???

You had her right there!!!!

She coulda been back at your place now sniffin your bung and playing hide the hydrometer with you.

:D

LMAO. Some days Revvy, you almost restore my faith in organized religion. :mug:

, but i do still often get compliments from women about how i smell after i brew. I brewed a red ale last Tuesday before class and was told how i smelled 4 times through out the day. 2 were rather interested but one ended the conversation with " I should tell my boy friend about this" and the other was interested until she found out i was brewing beer, she didn't like beer.

Next time one of them turns their nose up at the idea of beer - and remember they're not all as in-tune with the world as Yoop, but are only familiar with BMC - tell her it is like cooking, and basically, you can cook and you'd love nothing more than to cook a dinner for her. You might even show her what a real beer should taste like, but if that isn't her thing you make a mean thai-peanut chicken that goes great with a couple of candles and a nice bottle of Chardonnay. Choke the Chardonnay down.

Caveat: You better get that recipe for thai-peanut chicken ironed out.

Good luck!

More power to the malt and hops aroma. Just don't show up to class after you've just made a yeast starter! That could be a dangerous smell to a savy co-ed.

Back