So, Covid finally tracked us down…

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grampamark

Clowns to the left, jokers to the right
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
After 2 1/2 years of dodging the bullet my wife and I appear to be infected. I say “appear” because we’re at the farm and can’t just pop into the walk in clinic and get tested. My wife started showing symptoms on Saturday. She spent most of the week sleeping and feels pretty good now. We spent the week “quarantining” at opposite ends of the house. Yesterday I developed a hacking cough, low grade fever, and have no sense of taste or smell.

We’re both vaxxed and boosted and have gone out of our way to avoid large groups of people as much as possible. I suppose that, with something as persistent as the virus, unless one is willing to hermetically seal oneself off from society, it will be hard to avoid the bug forever.

We’re both vaxxed and boosted and have gone out of our way to avoid large groups of people as much as possible. I suppose that, with something as persistent as the virus, unless one is willing to hermetically seal oneself off from society, it will be hard to avoid the bug forever.

Hope that you guys recover quickly!

the BigHair & I got it back in Feb of '20, before The Nonsense™ started

a little worse than a bad cold, not nearly as bad as a mild flu.

despite several comorbidities (old & overweight former smokers) we survived

got it again, Feb of this year, despite double Jabbed & her boosted. she tested positive, doc confirmed symptoms consistent with omicron. she got monoclonal antibody treatment, felt fine in a couple hours. "great" in a couple days

I didn't test, but had same symptoms, no treatment & felt like poopycacadoodoo for at least 2 or 3 weeks

again... the more intelligent amongst you probably figured out we survived

MIL got it from a coworker and started feeling sick Monday. We had visited her the day before but seems we dodged the bullet. She was tested and confirmed to have it so is at home resting. It actually was a blessing in disguise as on Monday she drop a 20 lb container on her foot so it is all sorts of colors and she works retail so if she wasn't sick would be trying to go to work like that.

Yeah, the wife and I caught it for the 1st time this week. My worst symptom was an excruciating sinus headache on the 1st day. So bad I almost went to a hospital to get something for it. Weirdly, no throat or lung ailments. Just kinda of a slight feverish haze. Very bored.

Had covid in March of 2020 ... at least I think I did, testing was not available at the time. I don't think I've had it since then ... though I did just order a set of the free covid tests from the website COVIDtests.gov
With the holiday season starting in a few months it'll be good to have them on hand.

Locusts? Frogs? Fiery hail?
Hopefully monkeypox doesn't get going in the general population ... they are still trying to figure out about airborne transmission ... Flying Monkeypox
oz-wicked.gif

I had it a couple of weeks ago. Didn't test negative until the 8th day. Thought it was a cold/allergies at first... Had a persistant headache and fatigue that wouldn't go away. Feeling normal now. I didn't bother to quarantine at home... the wife never got it. Take care of yourself!

After 2 1/2 years of dodging the bullet my wife and I appear to be infected. I say “appear” because we’re at the farm and can’t just pop into the walk in clinic and get tested. My wife started showing symptoms on Saturday. She spent most of the week sleeping and feels pretty good now. We spent the week “quarantining” at opposite ends of the house. Yesterday I developed a hacking cough, low grade fever, and have no sense of taste or smell.

I think this bug has morphed into something mostly harmless.

I've had sniffles and sore throat a couple of times in the last 2 years, so I suppose I had it. Even in the thick of the panicdemic, I never gave it much thought.

I think this bug has morphed into something mostly harmless.

I've had sniffles and sore throat a couple of times in the last 2 years, so I suppose I had it. Even in the thick of the panicdemic, I never gave it much thought.
Whatever you say, Florida Man…

Whatever you say, Florida Man…

i'm willing to take your word, as long as you don't start describing the pleasure of hacking phlegm, and rolling it around in your mouth...

but outside florida and croc's, i'm glad you haven't had a kodiak moment! :mug:

hey @grampamark 's i just had an awesome split pea grilled cheese sandwhich today...wanted to touch bases and see how my pea supply chain is looking in the future? 🤞

:mug:

Back on topic... I finally got it a couple weeks ago... Vaxed and double boosted...
2nd boost 2 weeks before the super spreader event ...

Mostly mild symptoms... Stuffy nose, sore throat, fatigue.... Lasted about a week.

Still getting some fatigue in the afternoons but not sure if long COVID or early happy hour.. 😉

Let me drink a couple more homebrews and I can easily be restock your pee supply...

Wait, what?

hmmm, ? i hope you at least do your best to convince me, and it's radioactive green, or at the very least florescent... and then all i'd do is distill the urea out of it and offer it back to you as 'yeast nutrient' for your next batch....

@grampamark , glad it was mild; most recent folks I've heard getting the BA5 type have had mild symptoms: cold, sore throat, week or two fatigue. Happened to me after a week long bike trip to Milwaukee area, and my wife, even after the 15hr car ride home, never got it. Yes, she's much stronger than I. And better looking.

Back