small drops of cleaning solution into wert... is it toast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orbsplayground

Reaction score
Heres the scenario, got all the boiling and chilling done. Sprinkled yeast across the top. Unfortunately I had someone start cleaning the boiling pan with some of the cleaner in the pan with 1-2 gals of water. While cleaning with a scrubber the scrubber hit the top of the pan and flung small bits of the easy clean water into the bucket of wert as I was stirring in the yeast... At this point am I better off to dump it out, and consider it lesson learned... or do you think it would be ok. My main concern is that the Cleaner says on the side if injested drink lots of water and seek medical attention, but I am not sure with the few droplets that were flung in if it would be enough to worry about...

Thanks in advance

What type of cleaner? Realistically I wouldn't sweat a few drops in the least bit.

It all depends on the cleaner you used, but I wouldn't take any chances. You definitely don't want to drink that beer. In fact, I bet it is dangerous to just dump it. Fortunately, I have some experience here -- send it to me and I will happily dispose of it for you, so you don't have to worry about it being done safely.

:D

Even if there's chlorine, I wouldn't worry about a few droplets. I mean, how many of us have drank bits of chlorinated pool water?

There can easily be worse things in pool water than chlorine :D

It was Easy Clean, thanks a lot for the responses. Glad I dont have to commit Brew abuse!!! You all rock!

Back